Chapter Sixteen:The Blood Moon Pt. 1 (EDITED)

Shane's POV

I woke up with my beautiful mate in my arms. Her eyes were still a bit red and puffy from last night and my heart ached. No one should have to go through that and the abuse, loss of their family, and constantly being alone. I kissed the crown of her head causing her to softly purr and cuddle closer to me.

I smiled before I slowly started moving out of the bed, but Ariel's grip tightened on me. "No please don't leave." She whispered, her eyes still closed.

"It's okay Ariel I'm just-"

"I'm s-sorry," she said as tears started to fall down her cheeks. "It won't happen again. Just please don't reject me!"

"Ariel." I said as I gently started shaking her, but she didn't wake up.

"Shane please no!" She whispered, her tears forming waterfalls down her face.

"ARIEL!" I yelled and she shot up. At first her eyes darted everywhere as if she weren't familiar with her surroundings until her eyes landed on me.

"Oh my gosh Shane," she breathed out as she cupped my face with both hands as if she thought I was about to disappear.

I wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her in. "What happened, Ariel?" I softly asked.

"I-I had a dream that you r-rejected-"

I growled. "I'll never reject you." I said in a low voice as I held her tighter. "I love you too much to reject you."

"I love you too, Shane," she whispered with a small smile as I used my thumb and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Uh, Shane?" she said as I wiped her last tear.

"Yes, Beautiful?" I asked as I looked into her mesmerizing green eyes.

"Could you, uh, make me some of those killer omelets, maybe?" she asked with an adorable grin.

I smiled even more. "Anything for you," I said before kissing her forehead then picking her up bridal style and taking her down to the kitchen.

***

Ariel's POV

I woke up in our room, but only Shane wasn't laying next to me in bed, instead, he was staring out the window.

"Good morning Sh-"

"Ariel," he cut me off. "I...I can't do this." He said as he turned toward me.

"What do you-"

"You killed those innocent people. Who knows if those blackouts come back again? I can't have a mate, let alone a Luna that could black out and kill anyone at any moment!"

I felt tears jump to my eyes as I shook my head. "Shane I'm sorry it won't happen again I promise! I-"

"NO!" He roared, obviously mad causing a small whimper to come from my lips. "I..." He said, his features softening a bit. "It's...it's already hard enough doing this. Please don't make it any harder than it needs to be."

"Shane, p-please," I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. "You don't mean that. S-Say you love me. Please."

He looked at me with pain and regret in his eyes. "I-"

"SAY YOU LOVE ME AGAIN!" I cried as panic rose in my chest.

He took a shaky deep breath before saying "I,"

"Shane please," I said as more tears ran off my face and splashed onto the bed sheets.

"Shane Ansel Chase, reject you Ariel Ann Carter as my-"