The Prisoners and the Will

Author's Note:

Hello! Hi there, this is the author speaking. I would like to hear an opinion of your regarding this story. Every comment will really help me to grow as a writer and if I improved, you can expect more good stories from me. So even a one liner comment will help.

Thank you very much! And please do enjoy the story. 

- - - - 

"Damn it. This drug is making me light headed." A boy said inside a stone room with iron bars as a window and door. Shackled on the ground, bounded by rusting cold metal. It is dark and only a hollow and dusty light can be seen through the outisde. He looked around and even though his vision was blurry and everything he thinks makes him more dizzy. He took notice of the presence on the cell just in front of him. he tried to decipher who that person was, but to no avail. The drug that the human soldiers forced him to drink was so effective. Even though he was one of the ancient race in the land.

It was no surprise though, he sometimes overhead the guards talking about a certain drug that can make even the most powerful chieftain of the werefolks kneel. Him being a shifter, will also be a bad news even though he was considered more powerful than their average werefolks.

"Rafaeil, you awake?" The voice echoed on the other side of the cell.

"Thirdy?" In a hoarse tone, he looked carefully on the black silhoutte that he was seeing this whole time.

"Yes, is your mind getting good?" Rafaeil just nodded assuming that Thirdy already saw that one.

Thirdy shuffled through the floor, Rafaeil noticed that the elf was having a hard time to move as well. "What's the matter Thirdy?" He tried to speak, but as soon as the sentence left his mouth, the werecat coughed up because of the dryness of his body.

"Nothing, I just have a little problem dealing with my body at present." Rafaeil kept hearing that his friend kept bumping into something, and the chains are unnaturally loud. A moment after Rafaeil regained most of his senses, he was shocked and the anger swelled up inside him as he realized that Thirdy's head has a white cloth with stains of blood wrapped around his eyes.

"Thirdy?" He inquired, Thirdy answered with smile on his face, as of Rafaeil can't see the situation his friend is right now. "What did the Humans do to you?" This time, he left out a little growl.

"I really don't know what to say. Sorry." Rafaeil noticed the changed on Thirdy's tone. As if, the boy in front of him, was trying to stay strong by seeing the positive way of life.

"What happened to your eyes?"

"They took it." Rafaeil then felt a surge of anger and resentment towards the humans. To Thirdy, his eyes is one of the reason he was good at marksmanship. It was his number one asset beside his tactical knowledge on warfare. Taking his eyes away is also equivalent to killing him. As much as he wanted to comfort his friend, he was bound up really tight and his mind can't make him shift to a smaller form to make sure that he can slip through the bars.

"They took it away from me after making sure that I was soiled enough." Thirdy was on a verge of crying when Rafaeil started speaking.

"Hey, don't worry, we'll kill all the humans here. Don't worry, we'll find the ones who took your eyes and make sure to return it to you. Don't worry, I'll make sure to return it to you. So don't lose hope!" Even though Thirdy can't see, he is sure that he can feel the concern that Rafaeil is showing, even though it hurt his pride as an elf.

"Eh, but what can a chained up mosnter can accomplish when all he can do is to struggle while we inject a serum into his body?" Rafaeil and Thirdy heard a man opening up the dungeon door not far away from thier cells.