Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to Lost_soul124 for the amazing cover she made for this book, which you can see at the top. Check her out if you need one cuz she's AWESOME!!!

Stephanie's POV

I wake up with a blistering headache and my alarm bell screaming bloody murder. Sometimes I wonder if going to school on time is really worth having to hear the horrible sound of my alarm waking me up seven in the morning.

I get up and shower, then put on some sweats with a pink t-shirt. I pass a brush through my strawberry blonde hair, and my primping is complete.

Stumbling downstairs with my backpack and slippers in tow, I get a sandwich from Matt our chef.

"Good morning girl! How you doin' today?" He asked. Matt is a sweet African-American man who love to cook, and always has some delicious aromas coming from his kitchen.

"Ugh, what's good about this morning?" I ask him as I sat down to eat the succulent looking ham and brie sandwich. "I'm so tired Matt. I want to go back upstairs and crawl back into bed. Maybe your sandwich will help though." He laughs and pats me on the back, just as Stacy comes in with a trail of chanel perfume surrounding her.

She looks down at my sandwich with horror and said, "don't you know how many calories are in that? You obviously don't know how to take care of your body. Matt can you get me a yogurt parfait please?"

Matt nodded silently and goes over to get it, but rolls his eyes at her behind her back. I smile and get ready to pick up Amy.

Amy and I have been best friends from the day my dad and I moved to San Diego when my mom died. She and her family have gotten me through more tough times than I could ever count. She has four older brothers that are all in college now and one younger sister, so her house is always a mix between a frat house and a zoo.

I pull up to her driveway, and immediately zero in on Haley, Amy's seven year old sister, running on the front lawn with only her panties covering her. She's running and yelling at the top of her lungs while a red-faced Mrs.Jameson, Amy's mom, runs after her trying to get her to put her clothes on.

Haley suddenly spots me and comes running over yelling "Steeepppphhh!!!" I laugh and come out of the car just in time to catch her as she comes barreling over.

"Oh, Stephanie darling how are you?" Mrs. Jameson asks in her charming british accent as she comes over and catches her breath. She is a sweet middle aged woman with black hair and warm dark brown eyes just like Amy. I give her the now wriggling Haley and chuckle.

"I'm great, and I see things here sure haven't changed." I say.

"No, unfortunately, my children haven't found any common sense in the weekend. Oh what I wouldn't give for a vacation! But, here I am blabbing about and you've got to get to school! AMY, STEPHANIE IS HERE FOR YOU!! She'll be right out dearie, I'll see you soon!" She said.

She walks into the house just as Amy comes out with one backpack strap on as she hurries to put her long and shiny black hair in a ponytail. As a dancer she is always practicing, sometimes into the wee hours of the night, so she's almost always late to get ready because she's so tired.

"Hey girl!!" She said giving me a hug. "I missed you this weekend! Let's get moving though, or we'll be late to first period, and I am not in the mood to get another late detention from Mrs. Stanton."

She gets into my BMW (a sorry-I-don't-pay-attention-to-you gift from my father) and we were off. She starts putting on makeup, then suddenly stops, looking at me with an excited face and twinkling dark eyes.

"Oh My God!" She squeals. "I totally forgot to tell you! So I was was watching the news yesterday with my dad, and you'll never believe what I heard! Collin Jacobs is taking a break from touring, and finishing his senior year at OUR HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! Can you believe it!!!" I look at her briefly in disbelief.

"Collin Jacobs as in the worldwide famous, platinum selling, pop star Collin Jacobs?" I ask.

"Well duh, unless there's some other famous Collin Jacobs I don't know about. Is this awesome or what?"

I nod, still shocked at the news. I mean, I know Collin Jacobs had grown up in San Diego and he might want to connect to his roots, but why on earth would he choose to go to our school when there were so many others that were way more famous and popular? I feel a tingle rush up my spine, but I shake it off and rush to school.

No need to be late again for no reason.

***

Author's Note:
So, here I've introduced a few more characters and started to bring Collin into the story. Thank you so much for reading, please vote, comment and share so I know what you think!!
p.s. I promise to make the next chapter real long, I know these have been real short!