Chapter 15: The Man in Charge

Silence is my worst enemy. Its in the silence that his words come to taunt me, to break me, to destroy my spirit. I have never hated anyone in my life, because I believed that everyone had a redeeming quality that just needed to be brought out, but Zachary doesn't. I don't think there is any good in him. He actually loves to cause me pain, emotionally and physically, his face lights up and his body relaxes, like he is in his element.

My eyes are constantly scanning the room, looking for anything that could harm me in the dark. Zachary has ordered the men outside my door to keep the lights off, and at first it wasn't so bad, it was just extremely dark.

But now the dark is terrifying, it hides the faces of my tormentors and keeps me in a constant state of fear, I hate it. I also hate how in four months I still have no idea why I'm here or what they want with me, but I have a feeling I'm about to find out.

My prison door slammed open, and I'm suddenly blinded by light, "Wake up Claire, Someone important is here to see you." My eyes burned at the sudden change of lighting, and I shakily struggle to stand up. Zachary walks briskly into my prison room, grabs me by the arm and promptly drags me out, stumbling behind him.

"P-P-Please c-can you s-s-slow down" I whisper under my breath, still stumbling over my feet and knowing that he probably won't listen. I hear him let out a big breath, and after a couple of steps, to my astonishment,  he actually slows down. It's then that I notice that his hands are shaking, like he's nervous, but who in the world has the power to do that to him?

As we walk down towards his office, my eyes wander from the floor to the many faces filling the giant hallway, and they unconsciously sought out a familiar pair of very sad ones. Ben.

It's the man who kidnapped me. I stare into his eyes for as long as I can until they get lost in the crowd, he still looks so sad, and it's probably for that reason why I can not condemn him for taking me from my life, I think he is already doing it to himself.

When we reached the slightly opened door to Zachary's office, he turned to face me but my eyes were already glued to the floor.
"Do not speak until he tells you to, don't look up until he tells you to, and don't move around unless he tells you to, got it?" Zachary sneers into my ears, causing me to shiver in fear, and just before he turns back around to push the door open, he whispers into my ear, "and maybe if you are a good girl he will tell you the reason why you are here." And then, he opened the door, and pushed me lightly across the threshold.

"Oh look it's my little Luna, how I've waited for you!" Right behind the only desk in the room was a dark and scary looking man, and his eyes were intensively assessing my body, which sent a slight shiver down my spine.

I quickly averted my eyes back to the ground, I didn't want him to realize that I had caught him checking me out.

"Don't be shy, let me get a look at those eyes of yours." I slowly raised my eyes up, till they locked with his.

"Hmm, they're like an ocean blue" Scary man noted, "I like it!" He rose up from Zachary's chair and took a few steps closer, until he was towering over my tiny frame. The man was extremely tall compared to myself, so it made his presence all the more intimidating.

His right hand slowly reached out, and caressed my cheek. "I can't wait to take you home with me." My eyes widened in shock, and I think I heard myself gasp but I'm not to sure, his words kept repeating in my head. I can't wait to take you home with me... He couldn't possibly mean that, could he? I can't wait to take you home with me... I don't want him to take me anywhere! I just want to go home.

I looked to Zachary to see if he was shocked by this man's revelation at all, but he gave nothing away, his face was completely void of emotion, making him look like one of the soldiers who stands outside the gate of the Buckingham Palace.

"Oh right, you still don't know why you're here, well don't worry, I'll explain it all to you." He took hold of my hand and went to sit in the chair, he then gestured for me to sit on the floor, like I was his pet, and all I could do was obey him.

"I'm going to start at the beginning, so listen well and do not interrupt me, do you understand?" He said gravely, and I nodded my head in response.

"So, when you were a baby, your parents were killed, and my father was the one to do it, now from my understanding, you have been taken care of by two close friends of your parents, and you were lead to believe that they were your true parents. Well I am telling you they were not, your real mother and father were part of the royal family, and everyone said they had great courage, and yada, yada, yada. People loved them and so did the goddess. She blessed them with a child that would have incredible powers, and when the child mated, her mate would also be given incredible strength, and that child is you. Any questions?"

I was speechless, how do I know he's not lying to me, or just a pshyco, I mean i do have a gift, but I wouldn't call it incredible. "How do you know that I am the child in that story?" I asked quietly, not wanting to anger him.

"You look like both your mom and dad, but just in case that is just a coincidence, I am waiting for you to go through your first shift, because the colour of your wolf will tell us all we need to know. Ain't that right Zachary?

"Yes, Mr. Spade" Woah, Mr. Spade? They're like the same age...this is tripping me out. Especially with the whole story he just gave me, It couldn't possibly be true, could it? My parents aren't really dead, no there is no way... Although now that I think about, I don't share any resemblance to my mom and dad, and I have a gift that they couldn't really explain to me, so I guess it could be possible, but wait...! My head snapped up at my sudden thought, "You're not my mate, so you can't mate with me."

"Ha! Do I look like a man who follows the rules, I'm going to force the mating bond on you, and you will be mine forever. Then I will destroy the Alpha King, and become king myself."

"Please, I don't want to mate with you!" As soon as those words leave my mouth, Mr. Spades hand crashes into my cheek with a lot of force, my head whips back as I cry out in pain and shock.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" He growled, "learn your place, little Luna, learn it now. My word is law, and no one can contradict it, especially not you! Do you understand me?"

I nodded while tears ran down my face, and onto the floor.

"Zachary! Get her out of my sight, and make sure she is ready for me in a months time, I'll be back to check on her. Bye little Luna." Zachary picked me up roughly off the floor, and pushed me out the door.

As I sat in the middle of my dark prison, one thought kept bouncing around in my head, I had to escape this place in the next 30 days.

A/N

I hope you liked this chapter, tell me what you thought and remember to vote