Chapter 7

Ford's pov

I feel bad about yelling at Dipper. He's only a kid and it's not his fault that he's an omega.
It's been three weeks since I last saw him and the faint smell of heat comes from his. I've seen how painful it is for Dipper to go through this without a mate. It also didn't help that Stanley and I never let him outside, so he couldn't find one.
When the smell of heat no longer comes from his room I make my decision. I'm going to help this kid get a trusted mate so he no longer has to deal with this.
I walk up the stairs and head to his room. I think I hear talking but ignore it because the door is definitely locked so no one could be in there. I raise my hand and start knocking.

"Dipper, open this door! I can tell your heat is done now get out here!"

I could have said that nicer but to late now. I keep knocking until he answers the door.
Dipper is wearing a lose red t-shirt with grey sweatpants. I can smell his hormones going back to normal, but what surprises me is the gold collar around his neck.

"Where did you get that collar?

I watch him scowl and I take a step back.

"I've always had this collar. If you would ever pay attention and not try to shove me into a "safe place" 24/7 you would have noticed."

I take another step back and raise my hands.

"Ok sorry, it's my fault. But that's not why I'm here. Your heats keep getting longer and it's because you have no mate and that's mine and Stanley's fault. So I'm taking you out to get one."

I smile and wait for his reaction but frown when I see the scared look on his face.

"What's wrong?"

"What if I don't want a mate?"

I give a small growl.

"You don't have a choice. You desperately need a mate so we're getting you one. Now get dressed and let's go!"

I turn away from him and head back downstairs. I feel a presence behind me but ignore it since no one is there. 'It's for the boys own good.'