Chapter Twenty-Four: The King and I

I stood chained to a podium in the center of a large room. All around me there were the faces of curious pure bloods who had turned out for the occasion as if were some kind of gala event. I yanked at my bonds lightly trying to test their strength but all I was given was a glare from the guard standing nearby. If I could have flipped him off I would have but instead I gave him a sarcastic smile before looking away.

Sir bitch-slap walked past the podium into the center of the room drawing everyone's attention, "The royal family!" He announces with a bow. The others in the room follow his lead as a door nearby opens and a familiar faces file through. Illyiana walks next to Constantine arm and arm, and I feel the urge to leap over the podium at them. I yank at my chains again in frustration which calls Constantine's attention toward me. His eyes spark with wicked amusement and he flashes me a smile. A bite back a growl as he lead his sister to a fancy chair at the front of the room before taking a seat himself.

I will make sure his death is slow and painful, My wolf snarls and I nod my head in complete agreement with her wishes. 

Lennicks comes into the room next with his causal gait but when our gazes meet there is something new written in his expression. It's as if he is trying to communicate something to me silently but I can't comprehend what he wants to say. He looks away from me when a couple of females in the crowd begging for his attention. He winked at them and they swoon like a bunch of teenage girls. I rolled my eyes, "Just kill me now and get it over with..." I mumble under my breath. Another brother entered but I couldn't be bothered with him because my whole reason for being here walked through the door.

 He looked as handsome as I remembered. He seemed tower over most of the people and walked with powerful steps. His lips were drawn down into a frown and I watched his body freeze mid step. When Silver's gaze met mine it was if the world around me faded away. I was surrounded by complete silence and the sole focus of my existence was centered on him. The ache that had been constant was suddenly gone and I took in a deep breath for the first time in what felt like weeks. It didn't matter that I was probably about to die. All that matter is that Silver was right in front of me and he was alive.

I wasn't sure what he was thinking but from the emotions rushing over his face I could tell he was surprised but relieved to see. Quickly thought it all turned into anger and I felt myself recoil under the heat of his gaze. My wolf whimpered inside of me not sure why our mate would be angry with us. He turned away and took a seat near Lennicks looking extremely tense as he did so.  

Lennicks leaned over and whispered something to him which earned him a snarled expression from Silver. Lennicks smiled before he turned and winked at me. I looked away quickly though I itched to be closer to Silver. My wolf was practically chomping at the bit to get to our mate. 

 "The Monarch!" Sir Bitch-slap announces and I focus my attention on the man who walks through the door. My body seems to feel the weight of his power even from where I am standing. My lip pulls back into a sneer as he proudly walks towards the only empty seat. He has the same white blond hair as Silver and his eyes are green as well but they seem muted. His gaze sweeps over the room until finally landing on me. He might have a different face and a different name but the only thing I see when I look at him is Kellan. They are men cut of the same cloth, and this sends a shiver of disgust through me. He waves towards his announcer and I turn my attention away with a small sigh of relief.

"Today we are here to lay witness to the trial of this prisoner and her crimes against our monarch and our pack." He spins around to face the crowd, before focusing his attention on me. 

"Please state your full name for the record."

I ran my tongue over my teeth as I looked at the group of royals before me, "Grace renee Black." The crowd seemed to begin whispering excitedly at the announcement of my name which caused me to have a moment of pause. The man raised his hands to silence the crowd before he continued, "Is your father Orion Merrick Black?"