Chapter 3

***Picture: Drew Seeley as Collin Jacobs***

Collin's POV

I force my award winning smile to make its appearance on my face as I walk on the red carpet. The flashes blind me, and creepy stalker-like little girls scream at the top of their lungs for my autograph. I used to love being in the limelight, but it's gotten to the point where it all seems fake. My happiness is now on the backburner to my career and it scares me. Mostly because once upon a time, one couldn't exist without the other.

"Collin!" One of the reporters yells. "How's it feel to be a triple platinum selling pop sensation?" I look over and smile my most brilliant smile, even though my insides have turned to ice.

"It's like Christmas and my birthday wrapped into one." I tell him. Everyone laughs and my security ushers me into the theater quickly so I can get into my seat.

I know I'm luckier than most, to be able to do what I love and be rich for it. But somewhere in between singing for a school play and becoming a star, it's started to just feel fake. I have no say in anything anymore, it's all about making money and nothing else.

The truth is, that reporter made me stumble, because my answer is not what would be expected. The fact is that now that I'm a star, I'm more miserable than I ever was.

....................................................

I'm sitting at a meeting with the my top advisors in my agency and my mom. She's bickering back and forth with them over my decision to go to a public high school. Sure, it isn't the greatest one, but had I not become a pop star that's the school I would have gone to, so that's the school I chose.

My mom is the only person I've told of the personal hell my life has become. She always supports me 100%, so as my manager she's making sure that I can go to school and figure things out.

Now, I'm sure many people think I'm insane for willingly putting myself through high school when I don't have to, but I'm just so tired of everything. Sure, fame and money are great, but they always come with a price. I can't buy a gallon of milk without the paparazzi hounding me.

Even my songs have changed. I used to write my own songs, and they used to be about stuff that mattered, and they always felt like a journey that wound through your soul until you felt it reverberate throughout the inner walls of your heart. Now, the studio writes me music that they believe will sell, but it never has any substance to it. I've become what my father and I always feared: the superficial yet typical pop star. But at least it happened after he died, because if he were here, the heartache of watching me as who I've become would kill him for sure.

My phone suddenly buzzes with a new message from my best friend Noah.

Noah- Hey dude, you ready for the roller coaster that is high school?

I smile, thinking of my goofy best friend. He's an awesome guy, and had been with me when I'd first started out as a struggling musician. He himself was one of the best known dancers, and I always make it a point to put him as one of my backup dancers when he's available. He's the only other person that knows the reason behind my decision to go to high school, and he immediately showed his support by enrolling with me.

Me- idk, does watching a whole bunch of dumb high school movies count as preparation?

Noah- COLL! Most of those are chick flicks!! Don't watch those or you'll lose your manliness.

Me- Did you really just use the word manliness? Cuz I'm pretty sure that means yours is nonexistent.

Noah- Seeing as how I'm not the one seeing chick flicks, your point is pretty much moot.

Me- Have you been playing with the thesaurus again? Ur using awfully big words. Does it make your brain hurt?

Noah- * scoffs* I'm insulted. My brain doesn't hurt and just cuz im playing with the thesaurus doesn't mean im dumb, it means im resourceful.

Me- Whatever u need to tell yourself.

Noah- U suck. :-) I gtg, my sister's having a riot cuz im not listening to her. Wish me luck!

I smile to myself and close my phone, only to look up and see everyone but my mom looking at me with disapproving frowns. I sigh as my good mood passes and I get down to business.

A/N: Wow, this chapter took me a long time, mostly because I wanted to show you who Collin really is before going further. So, how do you think Collin's father died? What do you think will happen on his first day in high school? Let me know by voting, sharing and commenting, please! It means the world to me that you're reading my book so thanks!!!

P.s. The chapters won't alternate with Stephanie and Collin. It'll mostly be Stephanie, but there will be some times when Collin's POV shows up again.

P.p.s. I'm going through the point in the story where I will make Stephanie and Collin meet, but I don't know whose POV to use for their first meeting? Which would you guys like? Comment and tell me!!