✩16✩

Rooftop Garden

Seoyeon's appa has met me before!? How is that even possible?

"Um, Mr. Ahn, how exactly did you...?"

"It was a while back Jungkook. Both of our families are from Busan. I was very close friends with your father. While visiting your father, I met you. You were only three, so it makes sense that you don't remember me."

"You were close friends with my father?"

"That's right. I still keep in contact with your father. I'm amazed how I've ran into you after all those years."

"I'm amazed too."

"It's amazing how you've grown so well. I'm glad you haven't broken the promise."

A promise? I promised him something?"

"I'm sorry, I don't remember anything about a promise..."

He laughs.

"Of course you wouldn't Jungkook. You were only three."

"What was the promise exactly?"

I wonder what it could be...

"When you were only three, I told you that I had a daughter that was your age, and then I asked you if you could take of her for me when you get older. Now I'm going to ask you that question again. Will you take care of Seoyeon for me?"

"Of course Mr. Ahn!"

It feels like fate. Was I meant to meet Seoyeon? I feel happy.

"Thank you Jungkook. I feel relieved that there is someone that Seoyeon loves dearly. If only I could've loved her more than before... I know that she hates me. I've never had the chance to even explain to her. I was just... always busy..."

So Seoyeon's appa does care about Seoyeon. After all this time Seoyeon hated her appa because he never spent time with her, but, it's just that he never got the time to talk to her...

"Mr. Ahn. I will help you repair your relationship with Seoyeon."

"Thank you for trying to help Jungkook, but I know that isn't going to wor-"

"You never know Mr. Ahn! You should at least give me a try to help you. Give me a chance. I want you and Seoyeon to have a better relationship with each other!"

I leave the rooftop garden without Mr. Ahn giving me an answer. I will not let Seoyeon's relationship with her appa slowly fade away. Love is not over.

Seoyeon~

*yawn* What time is it? I check my alarm clock, I slept for quite a while. I change out of my pyjamas and go to the kitchen for water. There's no one here. They all went out. I wonder where they went... I take the glass of water with me and I go to the living room and took a seat on the sofa. I'll just read. It's such a nice quiet day~ The boys can be loud and silly at times, not that I don't like it, but, it's good to have one day for a break.

I hear the door open. It must be them. Someone runs into the room.

"Ah!"

It was Jungkook.

"깜짝이아 (kkamjjag-ia: surprised). Jungkook, you scared me."

"Mianhae Seoyeon-ah~"

He smiles brightly and comes sits next to me. He's wearing a suit, it looks good on him. I look at him in the eyes.
He stares back. His face starts to turn red.

"Look at your cheeks turning red again~ So. Why are you wearing a suit?"

"Well, um, I just... wanted to look handsome for you~"