03 | Your Plans Suck

Chapter Three

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked Scott.

He was worried that he didn't have his spot as captain anymore, which is insane. He's the best player, besides me of course.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Scott acknowledged,

"Yep, you're screwed." I commented.

Stiles narrowed his eyes at me. "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me." Scott sighed.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over text?" I asserted, crossing my arms.

"I didn't have the money to call France," he added.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles admitted.

"Another notice?" Scott badgered.

"Yeah, this one said 'final'." Stiles complained, "Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

"It is now." Scott breathed, nodding over to the field.

I followed his gaze onto the field, watching a kid catch every ball that was thrown his way.

"Holy shit." I whispered.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asked.

As if on cue, the kid took his helmet off. "Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain." Garrett smiled.

I gasped, offended. "If anyone is going to be freshman captain, it's me!" I attempted to storm off onto the field.

Scott held me back.

"Maybe we should just practice a little bit." Stiles offered,

I marched into the boys locker room, following behind Scott and Stiles.

"Hey, Liam. You wanna explain what that was out there?" Stiles asked.

"What do you mean?" Liam's face contorted in confusion.

"That little display. That little circus act." Stiles badgered.

"What circus act?" Liam's eyebrows furrowed,

"You caught every shot," Stiles spat, annoyed.

"I was in goal." Liam bluntly replied.

"Yeah, but not a single shot got past you." I backed Stiles up.

"Yeah, I was the goalie. You guys played this game before?" Liam questioned, looking between the three of us.

"Oh my god," I groaned, putting my hand on my forehead.

Liam looked at me,

"You're a freshman, right?" Scott kindly asked.

"Yeah." Liam stated.

"But you weren't here last semester." Stiles chimed in.

"I transferred from Devenford Prep." Liam lied.