F O R T Y - E I G H T

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

Baekhyun's POV

This is too out of hand. We shouldn't have made it too obvious. Luhan, Suho, and Sehun followed Paige outside but we heard shouting. Everyone followed and we all saw how Paige lost control.

Everyone was surprised of course, no one except us and Jiyong knew that she's one of us now.

Our teachers are all humans but they are aware that all of us are half-demons because that is what they were trained to do. Lay went to talk to our teacher to explain the situation.

I saw Xiumin talking to Paige. Meanwhile I went towards Sehun to help him up. He's badly hurt.

"Stay awake Sehun, we'll get you home soon." I said. He winced in pain as he pressed his hand onto the side of his head.

Luhan and Suho seem okay, but they were hurt too. My other brothers were explaining to our classmates about Paige, I saw Jiyong helping too.

"Chanyeol," I called and he approached us. "Watch over Sehun, I'll talk to Paige. Wrap a cloth or a handkerchief around his forehead. He shouldn't lose too much blood." he nodded.

I walked towards Paige and Xiumin. I told our other classmates that were holding Paige off to leave us for a while.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. You know I never wanted to hurt them, let me explain." Paige said worriedly.

"We know Paige, stop apologizing. Suho, Luhan, and Sehun will definitely understand." Xiumin told her.

"What's important is that you don't change forms for now," I added.

"But how? I... I can't even control myself anymore." her voice shook.

"Paige is too dangerous, Baekhyun. It would be best if she doesn't go home today." Xiumin said.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Are you crazy Xiumin? You know we need to watch over Paige, if we're not there to protect her then who will be?" I asked.

"Look, there is a huge chance that she'll lose control if she's with us. Remember what happened with Kyungsoo?"

"Aleister wants me to hurt all of you. He's ordering me, I don't want to. That's something I never want to do." Paige clenched her fists.

Xiumin sighed before turning around. "Jiyong!" My brows raised in confusion. What is he up to?

Jiyong walked towards us. "Do you live alone?" Xiumin asked.

Is he serious?!

Jiyong nodded. "Can Paige stay over for tonight? She can't go home with us for now."

I grabbed Xiumin by the arm. "You're letting Paige stay over at someone else's house?! Are you for real? How is that better than being with us?" I asked.

"We are Aleister's target Baekhyun. Paige is most likely to lose control when she's with us. It's only until Sehun, Suho, and Luhan heal completely. Trust me on this, it's to keep everyone safe." Xiumin told me. He then faced Paige.

"I'm sorry if I have to do this Paige. I'm worried for you but I'm worried for my brothers too. We can trust Jiyong right?"

I looked towards Jiyong then he nodded. "I'll take full responsibility for Paige. She'll be in good hands."

I gave him a doubtful look. I know he's good friends with Paige but can we really trust him?

"Why are you doubting me so much?" Jiyong asked. "If I ever do something bad to Paige then feel free to beat me into a pulp." he said.