0| prologue

Three hours, thirty two minutes and counting. That's how long I had been running. My head was throbbing uncomfortably, and I could barely see where I was going, but I knew that I had to run as far and as fast as I could. The pack that was once my everything was now nothing short of hell for me, if I went back there all my mothers dreams for me would turn into a charred rubble.

The leaves crunched under my feet and I felt my muscles tightening in the core. The pain at first was barely noticeable, but as the starting rush of setting away lowered, the feeling increased.

I had felt a tug in my chest when I had crossed the boundary line. All the ties I had to my pack had snapped and twisted, letting me run from their threatening hands and freeing me from the pain and suffering inflicted by them.

My wolf let out a pained whimper but pushed my legs harder to run away from my tormentors. I let the tears fall from my eyes as I could no longer hear the big bad wolves chasing me. My newly acquired wolf was tired, and though she did not want me to come in any harms way, she could not run any more.

I slowed down slightly, smelling a few deer in the nearby area. My stomach was growling loudly for food. As I readied myself to attack the herd, a sound from my right made me pause.

A big brown wolf stood in front of me, looking strong and experienced with ugly battle scars. It was way too huge for me to fight it to the ground and I knew that my end would be near if not for some miracle.

My wolf growled loudly surprising me. Rogue. The word registered in my mind and before I had a chance to react, it pounced on me, snarling and biting.

Our wolves circled each other for a while, neither in a position to give up. Him for his pride and I for my survival.

Sometime during the meaningless circling, the ugly, vicious looking and immensely scarred wolf pounced once again, snapping it's powerful jaws.

I felt immense pain on my hind legs where I assumed that the rogue had torn out a chunk of my flesh.

My wolf snapped at my attacker, but I was still tired and worn out, so my snapping had no strength. I felt my consciousness slipping away slowly and the last thing I saw before I drifted off was the face of a greyish-blue eyed boy who calmly said, "Rogue."

_______*________

Heyo! So most chapters are not going to be this short hopefully(though I may have my lazy days) so don't worry!

(Added)This book was written when I was 13/14 and mostly cause I loved werewolf books, so yes, there will be parts where you'll be like "oh, that's so cliche" or "Boo hoo author, you suck!" The grammar isn't great, but it's pretty decent(apart from the typo errors that I mentioned before).

Keep reading, smiling and I wish you a great day!