Chapter Twelve : Desolate

Rose' Point of View :

Dark. All dark. My head is pounding so hard. The surroundings feel so cold. There is blood. Blood on my arms. How did this happen? Where did this come from? What have I done to be here?

I don't know any man. I never met any man. I was not cheating. I didn't do this. Then why? Why am I not trusted? Why am I punished?

I feel numb. I have questions. I need answers but I can't get them. I don't feel anything, even though I have been hanging on the edge of death, I cannot care anymore. I don't want to care. I want to be free, free from this world, free from everything.

Does this make me a bad person? To want to die? To be free? I am wrong to leave my parents helpless. The reality is, even if I live, I am hopeless. He wouldn't trust me. He wouldn't believe me, he wouldn't forgive me even if I have tried begging him with my truth for hundreds of time. My living is proportional to being dead. Its like I am caged down. Either way he would hurt them and the saddest part is... I can't do anything.

I thought may be, just may be once I could rely on him, accept him but I can't and now I don't want to.

He is a monster.

************

A tear rolled down her cheek. She wasn't conscious but she was having a nightmare. He saw this. He knew it. He knew what she was suffering from. It didn't matter she was still unconscious but the single drop of tear said it all. She was in pain. It had been hours since he returned back to her and silently watching her form. It was the next night, she would be awake after a few hours and... she would be lifeless.

He slowly and gently wiped the tear away from her cheek and caressed her forehead. Her breathing was slight uneven but she was calming down, a reaction to his gentleness. It was all she needed, a little affection and trust but he couldn't provide her both.

Henry knew when she would open her eyes and once the realization hits her, she would try to run away, hide from him, kill herself. Rose wanted to accept him but he couldn't trust her and now when he want her back, to trust her, to love her, she wouldn't accept him. It was a pendulous theory. Lack of trust can lead to the breakage of even the strongest of bonds but this was just a starting and he ruined it.

He had been ruthless, his entire life. Had a bad reputation of being heartless and merciless. Everything was a game to him. Humans were just toys. Rule them, use them, kill them. Few basics of his working. Women got attracted to him like a moth to fire but he never tried to get attention and he had a player attitude. He used women for his pleasure. They came themselves so, he used them.

Knowing his charming looks were actually alluring and intimidating to the opposite sex, but he never found any one better. When he laid his eyes on her, he knew she was different. She wasn't fascinated by his looks but held innocence and beauty and he felt himself compelled to get attracted to her. So, he did. He made her his. Henry knew he could get whatever he wanted, even this time he got Rose but now he realised that he just won her body but neither her soul, nor her heart.

A few hours more and she would be awake. The medics were already present and he didn't want to leave but he had to, even though it wasn't needed. She wouldn't react after all.

Time flew surprisingly fast. It was past midnight and he was sitting by her side holding her hand when he noticed a movement. Her fingers shook slightly and his breathe hitched as he watched her slowly coming back. Her soft pink lips parted slightly and she breathed out softly. Her other hand moved and the medics were called in. Much to his annoyance, he left the room and leaned against the wall outside closing his eyes shut.

This was it.

****

"Hello, Rose. How are you feeling now?" She saw an old man sitting on the seat beside her. His baby blue eyes sparkled as he spoke in the voice of a saint. She didn't know what to say or do so she just stared him back. "Do you feel any pain?" he asked after a while noticing her behaviour.

The man was a senior medic. He knew he had to handle this situation with care. He tried coming out as a fatherly person to her so that she doesn't feel too uncomfortable. Her expressions were passive. He noticed her slowly shaking her head. No, she meant. She had a slight look of confusion. Looking back at him silently asking him what happened to her. He gave smile and patted her head gently. "Do you remember anything?" he asked and she looked down at her hands. There was no reaction.

He knew that she didn't remember quite well and was numb regarding the whole thing. He left after an hour and so and Rose sat there looking out through the large glass slides. She had been fed and she didn't complain or show any emotion. At first, she had refused to open her mouth to eat but then she did as requested.

Henry silently watched her from the shadows and she was completely naive to his presence. He couldn't recognise her as his Rose. Her eyes were glass like lifeless, her face held not emotion and looked like an unalive doll who had been forced to sit up. He would meet her tomorrow, he thought. The doctor had said that he could see Rose since she wouldn't react and if she doesn't remember anything even after a long term and only if she is given a good environment then it would be a good sign but Henry knew he shouldn't be rushing everything upon her.

******

The next morning he let out a sigh and entered inside the room. Rose was already awake after having a small nap last night and being conscious. He slowly walked towards her noticing her eyes on him. Rose looked at him and tilted her head slightly with a confused look. Henry sat in front of her, gave her a small smile and she blinked once, twice but never uttered a word. He slowly moved his hand and caressed her cheek. Looking at his hand, she stared into his eyes back.

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and Rose averted her eyes back at the window.

**********

A/N:

And this is a fantasy story so, a few things may seem a little illogical.