New Things Comin'

Eva PoV

"You excited to go to New York?" I asked August as we got out of the taxi at the airport.

"Yeah...can't wait to finally be at Def Jam," he said as he grabbed my duffel bag and threw it over his shoulder.

It was mid-August and we were on our way to NYC where August would meet his new label reps at Def Jam.

"Alright Yung, let's get this show on da road," his manager Noonie said.

August grabbed my hand, givin me a warm smile before we headed to check in

***************
August

"That's the Empire State building over there!" Eva pointed thru da airplane window to show me.

"We should go there befo headin back to Atlanta," I told her as I snapped a pic with my blackberry.

"That would be fun. We should also check out the statue of liberty," she said sounding excited for our first time New York City adventure.

We had 2 days- well one actually since one of the days would be spent at the label going through contracts and all a dat.

"Fa sho'...we can do all the touristy shit tomorrow," I told her as she laughed at me.

I continued lookin out da window at the cityscape, then thinking I was happy I had Eva by my side to experience it with me...

******************
Eva PoV

We got in pretty late that night as we settled into our hotel room.

I sat on the bed, checking on some stuff from my laptop as August took a shower.

"Damn." I said lowly as I looked at the notes sent to my email.

"What's da matter?" August came out of the bathroom asking as he towel dried his head.

"Ah nothin...just bombarded with notes from lecturers already," I told him.

He smirked, " don't go pretending that you ain't like the workload....you live for that shit,"

I smiled at him, " welllll...maybe just a little bit. Oh that reminds me that tutor I was telling you about? She says she can meet with you next Tuesday,"

August nodded, " That's coo. What's her name again?"

"Amy. She said depending on how much time you can spend tutoring, you could have your diploma by next year this time,"

August looked skeptical, " yeah sure....sounds like some over optimistic thing a white girl would say"

I began chuckling since Amy was in fact white.

************

The next morning, we all headed to the record label in Manhattan

"Say we in the building " I urged the boys to say as I took a photo for them next to Def Jam sign.

"Yall's turn," Noonie said as he took the camera from me.

I walked over to where August was standing and nestled next to him, smiling for the awaiting camera.

"Alright....say-" Noonie began

"Mr Alsina!" A tall dark skinned man accompanied by 3 other men in fitted suits came over and interrupted us.

"I'm Mr Fontainebleau, and these are all my associates"
He introduced them all

"Nice to meet yall," August said as they each shook his hand.