Petals

A month almost passed since the new year at Hogwarts started. And we were all expecting our guests from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons to arrive in less than a week. Cedric recently started asking me for advices about girls, which pained me a bit at the beginning, but as I once said it was better to keep him as a friend. He didn't tell me who the girl was, because he said I knew her, so I didn't try to find out. On the other hand, Fred and I started to lose the awkwardness between us. They were getting a detention almost every single day and I couldn't help but wonder how were they still at Hogwarts. While I was reunited with my one and only true love – the library.

  We were having practice with Professor Sprout at the greenhouse and the twins didn't hide their boredom. They were constantly yawning and showing how uninterested they were.

  I was listening to the Professor when all of the sudden I felt someone's head rest on my shoulder. Slowly turning my head I saw Fred and my eyes widened the moment I felt his hot breath touch my skin. I looked over to George and he just raised his shoulders with a smile. I returned my attention to the lesson and slowly realized that I was leaning down by the pressure of Fred's body.

"Fred..." I moved a bit from him and instantly regretted it. His head was now laying on my lap. I felt how my cheeks began to heat up, sadly Professor Sprout noticed that I wasn't paying attention.

"Miss Daniels, is something troubling you that you are not paying attention in my class." I swallowed imagining how the truth would sound and apologized, pretending that no one is sleeping on me.

"Fred!" I whispered and poked his shoulder hoping he will wake up, instead his hand hugged my legs and made himself more comfortable.

I began to get nervous and without noticing my legs started to shake up and down.

"Daniels, you are the worst pillow ever." Fred groaned as he got up and rubbed his eyes.

I didn't pay attention to his statement, but on the inside I was having a party that he finally got up.

It didn't take long enough for him and George to plan something and leave class earlier.

"Alright. Will you do it or I?" I heard Fred ask his brother.

"You do it, Fred." Hearing his brother, Fred grinned and pulled out his wand.

"Confringo!"He said as he pointed his wand at a potted plant.

What followed next was a loud boom, screaming girls and a very angry Professor Sprout looking at the twins.

She probably jinxed them in her head, but only let out a sigh. "You two know the drill."

They slunk off to Dumbledore's office while we returned to our lesson.

  Soon the big day came and we all wished for the night to come. I had Charms class with the Griffindor's and to my surprise the twins were here, moreover looking excited. They were attending to each of Charms classes and were even enjoying them, I guess it had to do with the items they are preparing always. For some odd reason all teachers had been talking about feelings between girls and boys and confessions. So Professor Flitwick sort of disappointed the twins when he started to talk about the Charm that we would be practicing today.

"Today, students, we will be learning the spell Orchideous." He clapped his hands and smiled. " Does anyone know of this Charm?" I quickly raised my hand, so quickly that he jumped from surprise. "Yes, Miss Daniels?"

"Orchideous, is a spell that is used to conjure flowers from your wand..." I was about to continue when the Professor cut me off.

"Yes, so you gentlemen, you might want to pay attention to this one." He chuckled, but the male population of the class groaned in response. "Now, now! I am sure you will find it useful this year." The guys rolled their eyes, but didn't argue. "Come on now, try it. You might win some lucky girl's heart by being able to cast it." Giggles echoed in the room from the girls.

Soon boys started to give flowers to the girls they probably liked and the atmosphere changed. Thou, it didn't last for long.

"We don't need to know how to conjure flowers to get girls." I heard George mumble refusing to do the spell.

"Ay, all we need to do it just smile at them." Fred nodded and announced proudly.

I rolled my eyes at how full of themselves they were and then I heard the Professor shout.

"What are you doing?! You could sent everything on fire! Twelve points from Griffindor!" The twins were drawing pictures with the well known spell Flagrate, and their faces showed that they didn't care at all about points, but decided to stop and practice the proper spell.

When they both got flowers all girls eyed them with lovely eyes. Fred got up and walked over to Angelina, handing her the flower with a smile as she took it. I took my bottom lip between my teeth and pretended that I didn't care, but I hoped he will give it to me. I looked down at the flower I made and started to pull its petals out, thinking of reasons why he couldn't be so charming with me and soon my vision became blurry. I heard someone clear their throat in front of me, so I looked up to see George.

"Coming with us, Paige?" I blinked few times at his question and to answer myself I looked around to see everybody leaving, meaning the class was over.

I replied with a nod before gathering my belongings and walking with him to the Great Hall where we awaited for our school guests.