Chapter 23

Cover to the right is made by xSurfingGuitaristx :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

Amanda's POV~

No reaction time.

Danny looked up and saw me. And I fully saw him. Now I know why he was hiding his face from me earlier. His right eye was black and blue, and I wasn't talking about his eye color. It was a bit swollen and from the way he was grabbing his ribs, it looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Suddenly I didn't even care about the fact that he saw me. Or that fact that he might be angry at me for breaking into his room. What I care about was the person who did this to him. They're going to pay for what they did. Count on it.

Ripping the door opened, I walked in, feeling his eyes on me. He was just standing there, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

“Who did this to you?” I demanded, my nostrils faring. I was trying to keep calm in front of him, but I was slowly losing my cool. It was Izzy all over again. Whenever someone bullied her before, all I saw was red, and boy was I seeing red now.

“No one,” he said after awhile, flipping his bangs over his injured eye.

Suddenly, the image of him crying came to mind. Reaching up, I carefully watched his facial expressions. As soon as my hand touched his face, he flinched, shutting his eyes. Running my hand down his cheeks, I felt the wetness.

“Don't cry,” I whispered, wiping the dry tear away.

He turned his face, stepping away from me. “I wasn't crying.”

I rolled my eyes. “Then what was the liquid on your face coming out from your eye called?”

He shrugged. That movement caused me to look at his pale skin. I almost forgot he wasn't wearing his shirt. Now that I got a closer look, the marks were more visible now. They scattered along his rib line, and his arms.

When he saw me looking at his marks, he quickly covered them up with his t-shirt. “Water,” he replied.

“And water is?” I motioned my hands for him to go on.

“A colorless, odorless liquid. It's also the most abundant compound, covering about seventy percent of Earth's su—”

“I wasn't asking you to define water!” I said cutting him off. Ugh, this wasn't going too well. I ran my hand through my brown locks, frustrated. He's good at avoiding questions.

“You asked what water is,” he said, his voice lacking any trace of emotion. Then again, his face lacked any kind of emotion. It was just blank.

“Oh my gosh.” I groaned, slapping my forehead. “Never mind.” This wasn't important right now. What's important is finding out who did this to him, so I could beat the living shit out of him or her.

“Who did this?” I asked again.

“What?” he asked acting dumb.

“This.” I pointed at his eye, his ribs, his leg, and his arms.

“I told you,” he said, his voice a bit louder, “it's nothing.”

“Bullshit,” I shouted, getting clearly angry. This time at him. He's clearly avoiding the question. “That's not nothing.”

“It is,” he replied bluntly.

“Walk.”

He looked up, clearly confused at the quick change of topics. "What?"