Chapter - 53

Manik came out of his room and found the house empty.
"Dadi kahan chali gai? Lagta hai kuch ziada he dar gai..!"He murmured naughtily and walked outside. Suddenly butler came with some kind of parcel.
"What is this?"Manik asked confusingly.
"Postman day kar gya hai Manik Baba..!"Butler said and handed over the parcel to Manik. Manik read the chit it was for Mrs.Rishab Murthy.
"Aray it's for bhabi..! Chalo main day ata hoon..!"Manik said to Butler and walked towards outhouse. He entered in the outhouse lounge and saw Preeti and Nayonika talking,laughing together.
"Good evening ladies..!"Manik greeted them and gave the parcel to Preeti.
"Oh aa gya..! Here Mrs.Malhotra..! Ap ki wish pori ho gai..!"Preeti said smilingly and gave the parcel to Nayonika.
"Wow Preeti..! Thank you honey..! Waisy Manik..! Why don't you take this parcel with you and open it with Nandini..!"Nayonika said happily and Manik became confused. But he picked up the parcel and walked towards Nandini's room. Without bothering to knock it he entered her room. Nandini was playing with Angela she saw Manik and smiled.
"Hello my love..!"Manik said taking her in a side hug and pecked her forehead.
"Hi..! Tumhara headache kesa hai?"She asked tracing his forehead.
"Aray it's good..! Don't worry I am ok..!"Manik said cheekily and sat on her bed.
"What is this parcel..!"Nandini asked sitting beside him.
"I don't know..! Mom aur bhabi nay bola kay main isy tmhry sath kholoon..!"Manik told her as he was clueless as Nandini to which she nodded. Then Manik opened the package and the things in it made him speechless while Nandini embarassely run towards the terrace. Those were Nandini's cute pictures. The same pictures which Nayonika saw at Murthy Residence and she requested Preeti for those pictures. Now when Manik saw those pictures he was dumbfound. Those pictures were priceless.
"Beautiful..!"Only this word escaped Manik's mouth but Nandini was not there. He smilingly walked towards her and back hugged her.
"Ab mera mazaak mat urana..!"Nandini complained and Manik laughed.
"Aray mera baby why would I make fun of you haan? Those pictures are so beautiful..!"Manik said kissing her cheek.
"Pagal lag rahi hoon main un pictures main..!"Nandini said angrily.
"Haan..! Lag tou rahi ho..!"Manik said in a serious tone and Nandini's jaws dropped open.
"Manik..! You are impossible..!"She shouted and pushed him away. Manik laughed loudly.
"Just joking baba..! Come here..! Give me hug..!"Manik said lovingly and Nandini smilingly hugged him. "I will hang these picture in OUR bedroom..!"Manik said kissing her hair and Nandini smiled. Manik look at her lovingly and she smiled. Suddenly Manik felt her eyes little swollen. "Tum roi ho?"He asked curiously and Nandini was astonished how did he figured it out.
"No..!"She lied looking away.
"You can't lie to me..! Tell me why you cried?"Manik said angrily.
"Manik..! Relax wo bhaiya aur main baat kar rhy thy tou bus thory emotional ho gye thy aur koi baat nahi hai..!"Nandini explained sheepishly and Manik sighed. "Acha you tell me Dadi nay kuch bola tou nahi na?"Nandini asked curiously and Manik remembered the morning incident but he can'tell Nandini.
"Nai yaar..! Nothing..! Kuch nahi bola unhn ny..!"Manik lied nodding his head and Nandini believed him. Then he sat on the terrace swing and pulled Nandini in his lap.
"Acha Nandini..!"Manik said sadly and Nandini look at him to ask what? "Is there anyway that we skip all these rasams..!"Manik was seemed to be a little bored.
"Aray nahi buddho..! Aisa nahi hota hai..! We can't skip these rasams..!"Nandini said pulling his cheeks and Manik made a sad pout. Suddenly something hit his mind and he smiled naughtily.
"That means..! Tum Mehndi bhi lagao ge?"Suddenly he became so excited just like a kid.
"Of course..!"Nandini said ruffling his hair.
"Meray naam ki hai na?"Manik asked just like a kid.
"Of course tumharay naam ki..!"Nandini said kissing his cheek.
"Wow..! That's amazing Nandini..! Yayyee..!"Manik clapped childishly and Nandini laughed on his excitement.
"Acha do you know?"Nandini asked as Manik was busy in tracing her palms and was wondering that how much beautiful will her hands become with the golden color of Mehndi.
"What?"Manik was still very excited.
"Meri Mehndi main na tmhray name kay alphabets hide kiya jayen gay and then you will have to find them..! Aur agar tum un ko dhoond nahi paye then you will give me a gift of my choice..!"Nandini told him happily. This information was absolutely very new for Manik.
"Hmmm..! That's interesting..!"He nodded his head. "It's a kind of challenge na..! Agr tum jeeti tou you will get a gift of your choice laikin agar main jeeta tou what will I get?"Manik asked with his famous smirk and Nandini encircled her arms around his neck.
"I am all yours..! Jo bhi mango..! Mera tou sab tmhara hai..! My heart,my soul,my body everything is yours..! You owe me Manik..!"Nandini's pure confession was enough for Manik to take her lips for a slow yet passionate kiss. Manik kissed as if telling her how much her confession means to him. He was forced to broke the kiss due to constant buzz of his phone he frowned and the caller ID was of Cabir.
"Perfect timing hai kaminy ki..!"Manik murmured and Nandini laughed. Manik picked up the call as Nandini was about to get up when Manik held her closely and showed her his eyes not to move.
"Kya hai?"Manik said angrily to Cabir.
"Ohh lagta hai koi private moment chal raha tha..! Is liye tou itnyyy gusay main hai.!"Cabir said sarcasticlly from other side and Manik sighed.
"Ho gai teri bakwas? Ya bta phone q kiya?"Manik asked total frustrated.
"Manik..! Need help..!"Manik heard Abhi's sad voice and he became worried.
"What happened? Are you all ok?"Manik asked worriedly and Nandini's smile vanished.
"Haan buddy..! Tjy tou pta hai Abhi kay dramas..! Actually we are at shopping..! Abhi ko koi sherwani pasand nahi aa rahi..! Tu aa ja na selection main help kar day..!"Dhruv said and Manik sighed in relief.
"Ok ata hoon..!"Manik said nodding his head and hung up the call.
"What happened theek hai na sab?"Nandini asked worriedly.
"Yeah..! They need help..! Shopping..!"Manik told Nandini she too sighed.
"Acha now you go..!"Nandini said getting up from his lap and he too got up. Then suddenly he pulled out something from his jeans pocket it was a brand new iphone 7.
"This your new phone..!"Manik said and gave it to Nandini.
"Aray Manik..! Is ki kya zarorat the? Bhaiya mjy lay kar dainy waly thy..!"Nandini said looking at the phone.
"Nandini..! You are my responsibility now..! Mera farz hai kay main tmhri har zarorat ka khayal rakhoon..! Don't object yaar..! Biwi ho meri..! Chuck all these formalities..!"Manik said angrily and Nandini had tears of joy in her eyes. "Uffooo ab is main ronay ki kya baat hai?"Manik said politely and pulled for a hug.
"Manik..! Main tmhray ahsan ka badla sari zindagi nahi pora kar paoan ge..!"Nandini said clinging to his chest.
"Nandini..! Ya ehsaan nahi hai..! It's my love for you..! Please aisa mat socho..!"Manik said caressing her hair and she nodded. "Acha is main myny apna aur sab friends ka number daal diya hai..! Un sab ko bhi tmhra number day diya hai..!"Manik told her and Nandini smilingly kissed his cheek.
"Ab tum jaoa is say pehly kay Cabir ka phone phir say aa jye...!"Nandini said to him and he after pecking her forehead left. Nandini look at the cell phone and again tears brimmed in her eyes but she smilingly rubbed them away.
...
...
Manik entered the outhouse again and saw all ladies sitting on the floor busy in mixing in somekind of yellow liquid. Manik sat beside Nayonika and winked at Nandini to which she showed him eyes as Dadi was also sitting beside her.
"Ya kya hai Mom..!"Manik asked looking at the mixture.
"This is Haldi Manik..! It's for Nandini..!"Nayonika told Manik and all smiled.
"Nandini tum isay khany wali ho?"Manik asked as he was hell confused and all burst out in laughter.
"Manik..! Isay khaty nahi hain..! We will apply this on Nandini's body..! It will enhance her beauty..!"Preeti explained and Manik fowned.
"No..! Bilkul ni..! Agr Nandini ko allergy ho gai tou..! Ya kya rasam hue..!"Manik became hyper within seconds.
"Manik..! Relax I am not allergic to Haldi it's ok..!"Nandini assured him and he nodded his head.
"Chalo Nandini..! Now go and sleep..! Sbha 5 bajy rasam shuru ho ge..!"Nayonika told Nandini and she nodded.
"Mom..! Main bhi so jaoan na? Mjy bhi tou sbha jali utna ho ga na?"Manik asked Nayonika blinking his eyes.
"Manik..! You are not allowed..! It's girl's function..!"Preeti told Manik.
"What?"Manik shouted.
"YEs..! Tmhry liye we will arrange a little setup wahan tum boys masti kar laina..!"Nayonika said nodding her head. Manik look at Nandini in disbelief and Nandini gave him a Ab-Maza-aye-ga look.
"This is not fair..! Baki sab functions akhty tou why this one separate separate..!"Manik asked sadly and all laughed again.
"Bus karo apny ya dramay aur chalo..!"Nayonika said pulling his ear and dragged him with her. Nandini waved a bye to him and he made a sad pout.
It was 4:30 of the morning and Nandini was
once again struggling with her blouse
strings. She was wearing a yellow lehenga
with pink blouse.
"Aiayppa..! Kaash Manik hota..! Par wo tou
kharaty lay kar so raha ho ga..! Kya farak
parta hai usy us ki biwi ko zarorat hai us
ki..!"Nandini was cursing him suddenly she
felt HIS familiar expert fingers tracing her
bare back, she gasped and turned due to
which her blouse slid a little.
"Kya keh rahi the tum?"Manik asked huskily
sliding the blouse a little more down.
"Manik main..!"Nandini stammered.
"Main?"Manik asked kissing her cleaveage
and Nandini felt weak on her knees. She
held him tightly and Manik almost pushed
her on the bed. Actually yesterday night
Manik searched the consequences of Haldi
rasam and from some very stupid site he
came to know that if groom apply the haldi
to bride then it's a good shagun. So Manik
came very early in the morning because he
wanted to be the first to apply Haldi to his
bride but when he sneaked in the room
through the terrace once again his breath
was stuck in his throat so as a result of it
they landed on the bed before Nandini could
protest something Manik sealed his lips with
hers and during the kiss his hands roamed
on her bare waist making her shudder more
and more under him.. After he broke the
kiss gasping for air but dug his face in the
valley between her neck and shoulder.
"Manik..! Abhi nahi..!"Nandini protested
gathering all the strength in her. Manik too
knew that it was not the right time. He
parted from her and laid beside her. Both
were panting heavily hands entwined.
"You make go crazy Nandini..! I am
sorry..!"Manik said taking deep breaths.
Nandini smiled and rested her chin
on Manik's chest.
"Tmhy sorry bolnay ki koi zarorat nahi hai
Manik..! I know you..!"Nandini said ruffling
his hair and he hugged Nandini. Hugging
her Manik's expert fingers tied her strings.
"Tum itne subha
yahan kay kar rahy ho?"Nandini asked
raising her eyebrow.
"Haan..! Main wo tmhy haldi lagny aya
tha..!"Manik said happily.
"Hain?"Nandini asked confusingly.
"Hain what? Haldi lagany aya hoon
bus..!"Manik said stubbornly and Nandini
sighed she knew Manik will not let her go
until he will fulfill his wish. Manik jumped
off the bed and picked up the haldi bowl
from the table which he brought with
himself. Nandini stood in front of him and
he applied haldi on her both cheeks.
"Acha..! Manik..!"Nandini said in a romantic
tone as Manik was placing the bowl back on
the table with that Nandini encircled her
arms around his neck. Manik held her waist
and gave her a what look? "Abhi tum nay
mjy haldi lagai na ab mjy bhi tou apny pati
dev ko lagani chahye..!"Nandini said
winking at him.
"Of course you have the right..!"Manik said
smilingly.Nandini stepped on Manik's feet
and rubbed her cheeks with his. Manik
smiled on her cute gestures and pecked her
forehead.
"Manik..! Ab tum jaoa..!"Nandini said sadly
and Manik too nodded sadly. After
exchanging lots of pecks and kisses Manik
walked towards the terrace. Nandini picked
up tissues to clean her cheeks.
"Nandini..!"She heard Manik's voice he was
standing in the terrace door.
"Haan?"She asked confusingly.
"I love you..!"Manik once again confessed
his love and Nandini smiled.
"I know..! And I love you too...!"She too
confessed. Than Manik left. As soon as
Manik left, door knocked. All the girls came
rushing in and dragged Nandini towards
the haldi setup area.
...
Girls made Nandini sit on the stage all the
elders were sitting around her. The setup
was so beautiful.
All were enjoying the time. ONLY LADIES..!
All drenched Nandini with haldi laughing
and teasing. Only Dadi was missing. On the
other side Manik's friends were running
behind him to apply haldi on him but he was
hiding in every possible place. Meanwhile
Cabir felt thirsty he walked towards kitchen
and was about to step in when he saw Dadi
coming out with a haldi bowl and her smile
was so evil that he figured out something
fishy. He run back toward boys here Dhruv
and Abhimanyu were sitting over Manik and
his face was covered with haldi.
"Guys..!
I think Dadi is upto something..!"Cabir said
worriedly. Manik,Dhruv and Abimanyu sit
straight.
"What do you mean?"Manik asked
confusingly. And Cabir told him what he
saw.
"I think there is something in
Haldi..!"Abhimanyu concluded and Manik
frowned.
"Yeah..! Buddy tu nay Dadi ki itne insult kari
the na..! Maybe Dadi us insult ka badla
Nandini say lainy ki koshish karen..!"Dhruv
said as Manik had told them about his
encounter with Dadi.
"Agar aisa hai tou..!"Manik shouted
worriedly and run towards the Haldi
ceremony area.
...
Dadi came towards Nandini and smiled.
Nandini was happy to see Dadi smiling.
"Ab main apni baho ko
haldi lagaoan ge..!"Nandini was super happy
finally Dadi accepted her. Then Dadi applied
haldi on Nandini's bare cheeks,arms and
shoulders. As soon as she was done with her
applying session. Nandini felt a little itching
but she ignored it and smiled. At the same
time Manik came running in. He snatched
the bowl from Dadi's hands and threw it
away.
"Myny bola tha na..! Nandini's say door
rahen..! Ap ko meri dhamki yaad nahi hai
shaid..!"Manik shouted and Nayonika came
in between.
"Manik..! Tameez say baat karo..! Maa ji
Nandini ko haldi lagany aye the..!"Nayonika
said showing Manik her eyes to keep quiet.
Meanwhile Nandini felt her skin was
burning. Manik was about to shout again
when..
"Manik..!"Nandini called him painfully and
almost collapsed on the floor..
"Nandini..!"Manik shouted and held her
close to him. "What happened?"
"It's burning..! My skin...!"Nandini said
painfully hiding her face in his chest the
pain was unbearable.
"Shhh..! It will be ok..!"Manik shushed her
and picked her up in his arms. Ignoring all
the shouts of ladies ,he walked out. Nandini
was now crying loudly and Manik's heart
was aching. He wanted to KILL his own
Dadi..! He reached his own bedroom's
bathroom and turned on the cold shower.
He made Nandini stand on the floor.
"Look at me baby..! Stop crying..!"Manik
said lovingly.
"Manik..! Bohat jal raha hai..!"Nandini
complained like a two year old.
"It will be ok..! I will make it ok..!"Manik
said lovingly and started rubbing off the hali
from her body. They both were totally
drenched but Nandini was still crying. Manik
took her lips for a kiss so that it will help
her to distract. As predicted Nandini was all
lost in the kiss. Manik gently stripped her
clothes but eyes closed. He carefully applied
an anti-bacterial soap on her body which
itches her a little but the kiss was enough to
distract her. After that Manik broke the kiss
and turned off the shower. Then he
wrapped Nandini in his towel and opened
his eyes. Nandini's eyes were red due to
constant crying. Then Manik kissed each and
every inch of her red skin while Nandini
held him tight.
"You wait here..! I will be back with
ointment..!"Manik told her and he was back
with ointment in no time. Then he applied
the ointment on her bruises blowing air on
them. Then he again went to the room and
came with his large size shirt and shorts.
"Wear these..!"Manik ordered her and he
himself came out. Then he too changed
meanwhile Nandini too came out.
"You ok?"Manik asked her possessively and
once again she tearfully hugged him.
"Manik..! Dadi aisy kaisy kar skti
hain?"Nandini asked between her sobs and
Manik had no answer. He tucked Nandini in
his bed and sat beside her.
"Relax..! Main hoon na..! I will make
everything ok..! Sleep..!"Manik said lovingly
and Nandini snuggled in him. Manik patted
her head and soon she was again fast asleep.
Manik carefully came out of the room. Now
it was time to tell Dadi something very
serious..!
He came out in the lounge everyone sitting
there with a worried face. While Dadi was
sitting with a content face.
"Mohan.!"Manik shouted as soon as he
entered the lounge all look at him. Mohan
came running. "Dadi ka samaan pack
kar kay gari me rakhwaoa..!"Manik said to
Mohan and all look at Manik in disbelief.
"Kya bool rahy ho?"Dadi yelled.
"Theek bol raha hoon..! Ap yahan nahi
rahen ge..! Ap wapas jayen..!"Manik
shouted.
"Tum us larki kay liye apni Dadi ko
nikaal rahy ho..!"Dadi shouted this time
Nayonika didn't interrupted.
"Haan..! Q kay Wo jo larki hai na Dadi..! Wo
zindagi hai meri..! Choat usy lagti hai takleef
mjhy hoti hai..! Mjhy sirf pyaar he ni hai us
say..! Mjhy ishq hai us say..! Ap ya baat
bohat achy say janti hain..! Phr bhi ap nay
itching powder milya na..! Itna roi hai wo..!
Itna dard hua hai usy Dadi..!"Manik first
shouted and lastly tears welled up in his
eyes. "Ya tou ap yahan say chali jayen ya
meri Nandini say doar rahen..! Please..! Agr
ap mj say pyaar karti hain tou mery pyaar
ki izzat karen please..!"Manik was now
pleading. Nandini's love was something
which was driving him crazy saying that he
walked to his room back. As soon as he
entered the room he saw Nandini awake. He
smiled and sat beside her.
"Tum tou so gai the na? Why are you
up?"Manik asked caressing her cheek.
"Tum bhi so jaoa..!"She said softly hugging
him. Manik was not at all sleepy but he
knew now Nandini will not sleep so he
quietly laid beside her and pulled her in
protective embrace. Nandini placed her head
on his chest and closed her eyes. Manik had
thought that Dadi will give them tough time
but she will reach to this extent he didn't
expected that. He look at Nandini she had a
little frown on her face. He gently rubbed
her forehead and kissed her hair countless
times maybe feeling his touch even in sleep
was enough to make her at peace...!