Chapter 17

Caleb

It was only about fifteen minutes of walking. We passed Liam and Sam who were doing patrol; but I don't think Piper noticed them, even though they were calling her name. I gave them an apologetic smile before following my mate. She marched into the pack house and up the stairs. Luckily, no one was downstairs. And the people that were in the pack house didn't try to be nosy.

I was surprised that she went into my room. But then again, we can't exactly be in her room at the moment. She completely trashed that thing. Even the flat screen! Not that its really important, but that was a nice T.V. I already ordered new furniture. We just have to get everything out of the room and plaster up the holes.

"Rogues killed my mom about five years ago" her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I made my way over to my bed and sat at the edge as she was against the headboard. She pulled her knees up to her chest as she talked. "They were attacking our pack. My father, as the Beta, had to fight. He told my mom to stay with Zeke and I. But she started getting antsy. I remember her mumbling about my father, about how something was wrong. She hid us in a closet before leaving. I got nosy, so I told Zeke to stay inside the closet as I looked out the window. I saw my mother fighting.

Then I was grabbed from behind. I screamed for my dad. I tried kicking the rogue that was holding me. I was only 12. I didn't shift yet. I couldn't get away from him. But my father came and pulled him off of me. I was told to look away as he killed the rogue. He asked where my mother was, so I told him that she was fighting the bad guys" her voice got quieter and quieter as she told her story.

Piper wiped the tears off of her face. "She died that day. And after that, my father changed. He said that she got herself killed. She should've listened to him. If she followed his order, then she wouldn't be dead. Since then, he made sure that I followed his orders, along with the Alpha's.

They told me rules. If I messed up; if I broke a rule or went against an order; they hit me. It wasn't bad at first. It was just a slap, but that only lasted a month. The punishments became more violent. I had a scripted apology for when I messed up" she stated.

"Please forgive me for my harsh words. I accept whatever punishment you seek necessary" I whispered to myself. That's what she told me after she called me a monster. I clenched my fists, angry that they burned it into her mind. They made it sound like she let them beat her because she made a mistake. I looked at Piper and noticed that her eyes zeroed in on my hands.

I'm supposed to be keeping my anger in check. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Don't hurt her. Don't scare her. I told myself in my head. Relaxing my hands, I told her to continue.

"They started using weapons. Things that had nails sticking out of them, whips, knives, basically everything. Then they started using silver weapons. After that came wolfsbane. They poured it on me and watched as it burned me. But that wasn't enough for them. They used the silver weapons and dipped them in wolfsbane. Soon enough, everything was laced in wolfsbane" Piper mused.

It sounds like torture weapons. Things that you would use on werewolves if you wanted to get info out of them. I don't think that they were 'punishing her for her mistakes.' I think the sick bastards just liked hurting her. "Did they hurt Zeke?" I blurted.

Surprisingly, Piper shook her head. "He never even saw me get hurt. I made sure of it. I told him to go in his room and lock the door until I came. I would never let them hurt him. He was only eight" she informed me. My mate is fucking amazing. She was smart for a 13 year old.