Captive

This chapter goes to Saddlebredsforevs, for being such a dedicated reader. Thanks for commenting :)
______________________

Next to me stood a man with curly blonde hair and shrewd brown eyes that almost seemed black. He smirked smugly when he saw that I was awake.

"Well, then, good morning your majesty."

I flinched at hearing my new title for the first time.

"Where am I?" I questioned nervously.

He laughed.

"Far far away! In a different country actually!"

Cold water seemed to run through my veins, as reality sinked in.

"I'm in Orian."

It wasn't a question. He flicked my nose playfully, but with more force than necessary.

"Smart cookie," he cooed, grinning meanly.

"You know, I really don't see why Maddox picked you over Julianna. He must be blind. You're so funny looking. You look... Boring. Faded. And you have a nasty bruise on your forehead," he pointed out, looking at me disapprovingly.

I felt a pang of pain at my heart, but I ignored it. Instead, I lifted my chin higher, looking him in the eye.

"Julianna might have a pretty appearance, but she is ugly on the inside."

He cackled.

"So what? I don't care what's on the inside. I could look at her and forget about it," he said wistfully.

I gritted my teeth and turned away, only to have him grab a first full of my hair and pull violently. I let out a pained yelp as he yanked me to him.

"I don't think so queen. You're in my territory now," he growled.

I felt tears come to my eyes, but I refused to let them fall.

"I am Prince Weston, Princess Julianna's brother," he snarled, pulling my hair harder.
"And you will obey me."

I gulped. I am a prisoner of war now.
....
Maddox

"I know what you did! You think I'm an idiot? We will raid your country. We will burn down your castles and destroy your resources. Give her back this instant and we might show mercy," I hissed dangerously at the King of Orian over a computer call.

His face turned red with anger.

"I do not enjoy being falsely accused. I didn't take your precious queen, my country is not as sick as you think!"

I scoffed.

"We are at war! You are our only enemy. Who else would take her?" I screamed outraged.

The king opened his mouth to answer when the prince walked into the room, grinning smugly as he dabbed at a scratch on his cheek.

"Son? What happened to you?" Asked the king, forgetting my presence.

"Just a run in with a bad kitty I'm trying to train," he smiles innocently.

His father turned, loading interest. That's when the son turned his attention to me, a wicked smile on his face as he ran a finger over his scratch and mouthed

Your wife.

Then stuck the accusing finger in his mouth. I jolted, furious. Then he laughed a trotted out of the room.

"Beware, Louis. I am coming," I growled, then ended the call.

They have my wife, and I will have her back.

"Father!" I screamed.

He came into the room, looking at me expectantly.

"Prince Weston has Rebecca. Gather up the army," I said, then I felt my fury rise to a climax mixing with my pain.

"We are invading Orian to bring back our queen."