Part 6; Ao Oni (1)

We trudged into a wooden floored house, stairs leading up and black painted doors lining the walls in both directions.

"Where are we now?" Felix asked, taking a look around. He stepped forward into the center of the room, a loud crash echoing from the hallway to the right.

"What was that?" I inquired, peering across the hall.

"The plate shard!" Ryan cried, sweat appearing under his mask. "Oh no.. oh no oh no oh no!!!"

"Ryan, what's wrong?" Felix turned to him, concern flashing across his face.

"This has that monster... that horrible.. horrible monster.." Ryan answered, hugging himself and dropping to his knees. "Purple... that huge face... haunting me... I.. I can't do this..."

"Ryan, listen to me." Felix stooped to Ryan's level, taking hold of Ryan's shoulders. "You are with Marzia and I. You are safe. I promise I will not let anything happen to you."

Ryan looked up into Felix's blue eyes, the poker face drawn onto the mask seemingly glowing somehow. Ryan appeared to be smiling under his mask, pulling Felix into a friendly embrace.

"Thank you, friend." Ryan said after the two pulled away and stood up once more.

"Don't worry about it, bro." Felix replied.

"Do we have to get that plate shard or whatever?" I asked Ryan.

"Yeah. It'll be important later." he answered.

The three of us headed down the right hand hallway, going into a room with a kitchen and dining room. I hurriedly went into the kitchen, spotting the broken plate on the floor. I gingerly picked up the biggest shard and put it inside my satchel I still had from Amnesia.

"Now what?" I thought aloud, addressing the two men in front of me.

"Upstairs." Ryan answered shortly. I nodded and we exited the kitchen/dining room and made our way upstairs and entered the first room in front of the stairs. It was an ordinary bedroom, a white bed placed to the right of the door, a white rug in the middle, and a closet, desk, and bookshelf all across the room on against the wall. Ryan went straight to the desk, pushed the chair out of the way and grabbed a key labeled "Library Key". As soon as he did this, the closet shook. I jumped, my heart nearly flying out of my chest. Felix gasped, and Ryan just sighed. I walked slowly over to it, grasping the knob in my shaking hand, sweat forming on my brow. I pulled it open, my mouth dropping open. A man sat inside the closet, his knees pulled up to his chest, his face and shirt stained with sweat and possibly tears. He was shivering, out of fear or cold, we didn't know. He had curly black hair, a beard currently in the process of growing back, thick eyebrows and a bear hat.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered, covering my mouth in shock. "Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah no.." the man replied, shaking his head.

"What's your name?" Felix asked.

"Kenneth, but call me Ken." he answered.

"Ken, why are you in the closet?" I asked, my mouth still hidden under my hand.

"The purple thing..." Ken replied, a fear laced in his voice similar to Ryan's earlier.

"What is the purple thing, anyways?" Felix thought aloud, putting a hand to his forehead.

"It's a troll, basically." Ryan answered him.

"Are you fit to come with us, Ken?" I asked the still shaking man in the closet. He nodded, gently pushing himself out of the closet. He stumbled a bit, getting to his feet. I held his shoulders to steady him before the four of us exited the room and went downstairs once more to use the library key Ryan had obtained from the desk. We headed to the right to the hallway that was on the way to where we acquired the plate shard and entered through the door. It was an ordinary library, high shelves reaching the ceiling were placed in the room, the green wooden floor creaking beneath our feet. The three men were ready to go towards the desk placed on the wall to the left, but I heard a heavy shuffle of feet from that way. I stopped, holding my hand out in front of them, a finger to my lips as I strained my ears to hear. The noise had ceased as well, which made me let out a sigh. Felix hurried to the desk and moved a book and grabbed the key from under it. He looked to his right and screamed his high pitched scream, crying multiple swear words. He ran towards us, pushing all of us out the door. A giant purple troll monster stomped in our direction, following us as we flew back up the stairs and into the room with the closet. Ken hid in the closet again, Felix and I hid under the bed, and Ryan was curled up under the desk, the chair covering him. The monster came into the room, shuffling around, its face bearing into our skulls, haunting our minds forever. I broke into a cold sweat, beginning to shiver like Ken. Felix noticed this as he lay next to me, wrapping an arm around me, whispering comforts into my ear. The monster left the room, and the four of us crawled out from our hiding places.

"That thing is so creepy." Felix groaned.

"Where does that key go?" I asked him, pointing to his hand that was still holding it.

"It says 'Bedroom Key'." he said after he looked at it.

"I know where that goes." Ryan informed us, motioning for us to leave the room.

"Let's be careful, guys.." Ken warned, hugging himself,

Ryan led us up the second flight of stairs, and entered the first door in that hallway. Inside was a room with two beds, another white carpet, and a closet with a bookshelf next to it. Ryan immediately went to the bed closest to the wall facing the door and pushed it. We came up next to him and noticed a wide hole in the floor of the room, making an opening to another room under it.

"Jump in, friends." Ryan said, sitting on the edge and pushing himself into the hole, falling into the room under us. The rest of our group jumped in after him, landing in a room with a grand piano placed in the center, drawers lining the walls and more bookshelves. I took a look at the piano and noticed what looked like a blood stain on several keys. Felix went over to the bookshelves noticing that he could move one over, and revealed a keypad with a password requirement. There was nothing much we could do in the room, so we unlocked the door and exited the room into the second floor. Ryan led us to the room we found Ken in and we noticed a handkerchief on the floor, that obviously wasn't there before.

"Where did this come from?" Felix asked, confused.

"Who cares?" Ryan shot back. "This can be used to clean that blood off the piano."

Felix scoffed and muttered, "I knew that."

"We're gonna need soap though, 'cause that blood's pretty dry." Ken told us.

We all nodded and headed out of the bedroom and downstairs again.

"Where do you think the bathroom is?" I asked the group.

"I don't remember.." Ryan said softly, rubbing his eyes under his mask. "It's been a long while since I've played this game."

"Should we split up?" Ken suggested.

"I don't think so. Splitting up is always a bad idea in horror games." Felix said, so we crossed that idea off the list.

"Should we just go around checking every door, then?" I suggested this time.

"That's about all we can do." Ryan said, shrugging.

"Okay, let's do that then."

The four of us continued through the door that was right across from the door we entered from. Inside was another hallway that only led off to the right with one door. We went through that hallway and entered this Japanese styled room. As soon as we stepped onto the green colored mats, a sliding door opened and the purple monster walked out, beginning to chase after us as we screamed and ran. The men began to curse, in both English and Swedish, running out to wherever it was we were going. In the midst of the terror filled chase, we ended up splitting up after all. Felix ran upstairs, Ryan fled back to the kitchen, Ken ran upstairs as well, and I headed to the left hallway that we didn't search. A door was unlocked, so I hurried into it and shut it behind me, pressing my body against it to hopefully keep whatever that thing was, out. I pressed my ear to the door as well, trying to hear if the monster was coming. After a few minutes, I sighed in relief as I didn't hear it coming my way. My heart stopped in my chest as I realized it went after the others. I prayed they were safe.