Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Samuel's P.O.V.

"49 Glassberry Road." I muttered quietly as I passed the houses and looked at their mail boxes. " 35, 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47 aghhh 49." I pulled into the driveway and walked to the front door. I knocked and waited patiently as I looked the house up and down, it seemed modest

After about 30 seconds of standing there I knocked again. I pressed my face against the glass and looked in, I could see a movement in the doorway and decided enough was enough. I turned the door handle and walked in.

"Nathan?" I asked in a concerned tone as I walked down the hallway. I walked into what seemed to be a lounge and saw Nathan crawled up on a couch. "Nathan I-" I was cut off by him. "Get away from me!" He screamed, the endless trail of tears spilling down his cheek. My heart sunk as I watched him cower away from me as if he was in fear of me. "Get away." I made out of his sentence as his words were distributed by his cries.

I sat down beside him on the couch and we sat in silence as the only noise came from his whimpers. I reached out my hand and grabbed his, but he refused to grab mine and pulled his hand back.

When he stopped crying he finally started talking. "I hate you." He said in a quiet tone, as if he was to tired to say it. "What you hate me? Why would you hate me? I wasn't the one who lied to you." Nathan laughed a fake sarcastic laugh as he glared at me.

"I wonder why I'd hate you. I mean it's not as if you made my life a living hell or anything. It's not as if you were the blade that cut me so many times. And I'm 1 trillion percent sure It wasn't you who teased me for being gay." He said in an angry tone. "Nathan I'm-" He cut me off once again.

"Don't you dear apologize to me. I don't want words, I can't buy anything with words, I can't eat words and I can't wear words; SO DON'T YOU DEAR APOLIGIZE FOR MAKING MY LIFE SO HARD, BECAUSE IT'S NOT AS IF I HATE YOU OR ANYTHING!" During Nathan's release of anger a stray tear rolled down his face.

"Why are you sad?" I asked in a comforting tone. My tone must've come across as rude because the look in his eyes changed from hate to frustration. "BECAUSE I LOVE SOMEBODY THAT I'M SUPPOSED TO HATE UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH." He screamed. I realized that he was talking about me and instantly felt guilty.

"I don't really see how loving someone makes you sad." Whatever I say to him seems to annoy him as the same frustrated look in his eyes stayed. "Why do I love you? It's not as if you love me and the only thing you've done for me is hold my hand. My brain...And my heart hurt and I want the hurt to stop." He collapsed onto the couch and started wiping his tears away with his arm.

"Who says I don't love you?" I asked in confusion. He puffed as a grin formed on his face. "You wouldn't and couldn't love me, and It's not as if you think of me." He said with a solemn tone.

"It hurts me to watch you hate me, and it hurts even more to watch you hate yourself. I want to hug you until death so that you'll die happy. All throughout the day whether it's raining or sunny, all I can think about is you laying in bed next to me and us just hugging. At nights I want to sneak up to your room and hug you and hug you and hug you, the temptation of knowing that you're only an arms length away is painful. I don't care where we are or where we end up, goddammit why can't I just be with you now." I sighed in anger.

Nathan stopped crying and made his way over to me and hugged me. We hugged for a long time before he disconnected from me, I unwillingly let go myself. "We can't be together because...you're popular." He sighed. "We can be together. I love you. I'd give it all away, for you." I exclaimed adamantly.

"But I can't love you." My eyebrows furrowed in anger as they collapsed down. "W-w-why not?" I asked in desperation. "Because at the end of the day, we know nothing about each other." He replied. "And how does that effect us?" I asked desperately. "Because I'll always be the kid you bullied and you'll always by the kid that bullied me." He replied.

"Now if you would. Please leave." I followed his finger and made my way outside of his house. He shut the door as I looked back at him. It pained me to see him in pain; but I'll get him back, you'll see.

You'll all see.

A/N

Guys this book is finished :D

Thanks so much for coming on this journey with me, but don't worry I'm not going to just leave the book ending like that, you can read the next book in the next story of the series.

Goodbye for now, I'll see you later ;)

-YOP