CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

We went to get some cheeseburgers. As Nathan drove, it reminded me of our road trip and I thought about how so many things had changed since then.

I was surprised to see that Nathan's apartment wasn't that far from my house. It was about two blocks away.

"It's been a long time since I've been here," He said as he opened the door for me. "I usually spend the nights at your house."

I nodded. I knew bodyguards had rooms where they could sleep. I didn't know why it never occurred to me that Nathan stayed there all the time. I ate fries as I followed him up the stairs. The apartments were a creamy color. There were three floors and Nathan's was on the second. He took out his key and opened it.

Inside, it is warm and it also seemed empty. Not because of lack of furniture, there were brown couches in the living room, a TV, a small dining room table and a few decorations here and there but not much. I could tell he hadn't been there in a long time. It smelled musty and Nathan slid the glass door that led to the balcony, allowing fresh air to vent in.

"This is my humble place," Nathan said.

I walked to the couch and sat down. "It's not bad."

He chuckled softly. "I know it's nothing compared to your mansion-"

"Nathan-" I cut him off. "It's fine," I said with a smile. "When was the last time you were here?"

He shrugged as he took off his jacket. "Before we left to Miami."

I turned on the TV as I took out my cheeseburger.

It was one good looking cheeseburger.

Nathan sat next to me on the couch and threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Did your brother give you a hard time?" he asked as I ate.

"Colton has always been over protective," I looked at him. "You guys are actually very much alike."

"He looked ready to punch me."

"I know. I was afraid of that," I said then took another bite of the cheeseburger.

"Your mom is trying to set you up with George, isn't she?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes, can you believe it? I'm an adult, she can't just go around and set me up with some stranger."

"You don't like him right?"

I looked up at him and waited until I swallowed the food to answer him. "Of course not. I like you."

He smiled. "I feel very protective over you."

"Really? I hadn't noticed," I said sarcastically.

"I just-want you all to myself."

I half smiled. "Isn't it enough knowing I don't want anyone but you?"

He offered me a crooked smile. "I like hearing you say it but no," he kissed the side of my head as I put the trash in the bag and set it aside.

"Is there a specific reason or have you always been like this with the girls you've been with?" I asked him as I took a sip of the lemonade. And then I put a piece of gum in my mouth, afraid my breath smelled like onions.

He shrugged. "I just feel like if I don't take care of you-someone is going to snatch you from me under my nose," He leaned in. "You're mine."

I smiled at him. "I'm yours."

He kissed my lips. "I miss you," He said. "I hate seeing you so close to me and not being able to touch you." He kissed me.

"I need to go pee," I said against his lips making him laugh but he let me go. "I'll be back," I said. "Uh where-?"

"That door," He said pointing to the first door down the hall.

"Okay," I said then went in.

After using the toilet, I washed my face. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw that my face was flushed. I threw away the gum, satisfied with my minty breath and then headed out.

I took off my coat and smiled when I saw Nathan watching me.

"You look sexy in red," He told me as I went back to the couch.

I meant to sit next to him, where I was but he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me so I ended up sitting on his lap. He had taken off his tie and the first few buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned, teasing me.

I rested my head on the crook of his neck as he put his arms around me.

We stayed like that for a moment.

I felt like a baby and felt so protected in his arms.

I pressed my lips on his neck and kissed him, feeling him tense under me. I straightened up as I began to kiss his neck while unbuttoning his shirt.

"Hannah," He whispered as he closed his eyes.

His skin was so soft-and he smelled so good-I couldn't stop kissing him.

I felt him stand up, with me in his arms and begin walking to his bedroom. He sat me on the bed gently and I glanced up at him.

He took off his shirt, leaving him shirtless.

I kicked off my shoes before he hovered over me. My back hit the bed as he leaned in to kiss me on the lips.

I felt as his hands went down and he pulled my dress down, exposing my bra. He unhooked it and threw it out of the way.

I moaned when I felt his hands on them and my eyes shut closed.

Nathan was beyond good.

I felt so loved in his arms.

So wanted.

I never wanted to leave them. I wanted this moment to be frozen forever. I could die right now and I would die happy in his arms.

"You're so beautiful," He whispered as he moved on top of me. "So beautiful."

I couldn't speak.

I wanted to tell him that he was the best thing that had ever happened to me. That I didn't care if things didn't work between us-I didn't care if I was in for another heartbreak-I didn't care about anything.

I knew I would never forget him.

I would never forget this night.

I would never forget a minute spent with him.

He could break my heart-I wouldn't care because being his was the only thing I cared about.

I knew being his was something I would never forget.