Chapter-21

Stefan's POV.

2 days later.

Hope is not responding to any of their treatments. How did it come to this ? How was I not there ? I hate myself and Matilda right now. But she is right where she deserves to be. Jail. She partnered up with Mike to get me. How stupid.

Flashback.
Before Hope is injured.

She came barging in my bedroom after we heard her voice. Hope was still naked and I had sheets around my torso.

"Mr. Anderson, I didn't know you had company." She doesn't even try to hide the disgust in her voice.

"I... um.... I'll.... I'll... go take.... a.... a bath..." Hope stutters and hops off the bed to the bathroom. Matilda is my assistant. She never really like Hope. She always had some sort of fudge against her. I hired her 2 months before Hope left me. I was planning on firing her but then never saw the reason.

Matilda comes up to me and looks at me in the eye seductively, she drags her nails slightly touching my shoulders down my biceps to my hands and then to my torso.

"If you just wanted to make me jealous you could've said so... I will always be ready to warm you bed. After all you how warm I can keep it... and you..." she purrs. I just wanted to throw up. But beyond everything what she said shocked me more. I was too stiff to move.

A throat clears and I snap out of it pushing her away and then I look around to find Hope at the bathroom door looking broken. Her lower lip trembles and I know she is holding in a cry.

"I'll just.... uh... go to my room" she says, defeatedly.

"No, Hope.... she's lying. Don't listen to her, baby, I love you" I say as I run behind her to keep up with her pace.

"I understand, Stefan. It had been years and it would've been a moment of weakness, right ? I get it. I really do. I was stupid enough to believe that you would've.... I am sorry. Forget I ever said anything" she says and turns.

"No" I roar. She immediately halts in her tracks "I did not sleep with her. I would never do that to you. Signing those divorce papers was something my pride forced me to do. And it was my biggest fucking mistake I ever did. Not anymore. I did not sleep with anyone else because in my mind your were still my wife." I say strongly.

"Matilda !" I shout and in an instant she scampers out of the bedroom and to where we were standing."tell her the truth" I command.

Admits all this I was still holding sheets around my junk.

"I lied. He never slept with me." She whispers lowly.

"Why did you lie ?" Hope asks slowly. Bad. Bad. Even if Matilda tried to hurt her she is still trying to understand her. What am I gonna do with your innocence Hope ?

"You... you... don't deserve him. He deserves someone high class. Someone like me. I knew about the problems going on between you. It was just a matter of time untill you two divorced and I got him all to myself. But you just had to come back !" She screams.

"Get out" I say. "Your fired"

End of flashback.

I had to run to the office to attend some work and make sure she didn't create any more scene in my office. How could I have been so stupid. This was planned. She was acting just the way She was supposed to.

She was supposed to call me to the office and keep me busy till the good informed me about my wife's missing. But she got carried away when she saw Hope in my bed. Mike is in jail, Matilda is in jail and Hope is in medically induced coma.

They are bringing her out of it now. Maybe she will respond when she is conscious. I just hope to God, she does.

Yay... double update. But I was making up for the next one. It will take a little more time then usual, due to my exams. Only one more chapter to go and then epilogue.