Chapter Thirteen

The weather was rather odd. Usually it was cold in April and things started warming up in May but Lauren learned that things have been rolling over a month or two. Today was the first cold 'April' day... in the second week of May. Either way, Lauren loved this weather and didn't mind that she'd need to bundle up while going outside. It made her feel cozy and happy.

The demon could tell it was a gloomy day without even walking outside. The cool air made it through the thin walls easily and there was no sun shining through the drapes to wake her or Camila up. She sighed contently and looked over at the girl beside her. She had her hands balled up in fists in her neck to keep them warm, and the blanket wrapped tightly around her body. Lauren found it absolutely adorable.

"Camz." She called with a slight rasp. "Caaaamz wake up. Hey. Camila. Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!" Lauren attempted again.

"You made eggs?" Camila asked, still half asleep.

"No, sorry, I didn't." Lauren smiles. "I can get you something to eat, though." The older girl offers. Camila nods without opening her eyes. "You feelin' okay?"

"Tired. Too early. Not ready to get up." Camila explains in short sentences.

"Well you know what I was thinking we can do?" Lauren walks away from the bed with a grin.

"What?"

"Stroll into town and treat ourselves with a nice, hot meal. Then we could come back here with full bellies, get all the blankets we can find, and watch movies until the sun goes down. What do you think?" Lauren was pretty proud of her idea.

"That sounds soooo good." Camila agrees, finally turning over to face Lauren.

"Good." Lauren says happily. "I'll be at the lake!" She called before exiting, taking the soap along with her.

Camila stayed under the warm covers for a little while longer before getting up. She wasn't going to bathe today. For one, she bathed yesterday, and two, it's going to be absolutely freezing. Since the sun was blocked by the many, many clouds, the water wasn't heated. Maybe Lauren had a high tolerance for the cold, though.

The demon stretched her arms out over her head before making her way to her shelf where she kept her clothes. After picking out her favorite shirt of Lauren's, she discarded her old shirt, shivering once the newly exposed skin met the cold air. Camila looked down at her torso.

Using her own money, Camila bought herself a bra. She wasn't too sure on the size, though. She never learned how to measure herself because she was too young to wear anything but training bras, and she didn't want to ask Lauren because that's embarrassing (and she's not sure Lauren knew how to measure boobs anyway. Or that she wore a bra herself...), so she picked one that looked like it would fit and that was that. It didn't fit. It was too small and she felt like she couldn't breathe with it on. Why did girls even have to wear a bra?

Before Camila could put on a fresh shirt, Lauren came through the door, her teeth chattering. "The w-water was too c-cold I couldn't- oh." Camila wasn't decent. "Sorry." She turned around quickly. "I didn't know you were changing, I should have knocked or something, I-"

"Laur, it's fine." Camila chuckled and put her shirt on. "So the water..." She reminded the older girl.

"Yeah it was freezing, I would have gotten sick if I bathed." Lauren explains, still turned around. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep. You can turn around now." Camila tells her. "You don't even have to look away, it's not like we don't stand naked next to each other almost every morning. And we're both girls, you know what's there." She giggles.