Chapter Nineteen

Ever since their kiss, Camila and Lauren have been super closer. Even closer than they were before. Close as in actual proximity. Sure, Camila has sat on Lauren's lap on a couple of occasions but now there was almost never a time that they were apart. They shared sat on each other's laps at the diner, the coffee shop, and the pizza place. They carried each other around town instead of walking. If their arms weren't linked, they were draped around their necks. And their lips would find each other's every few minutes.

They weren't officially girlfriends yet but that didn't stop them from sharing kisses and cuddles every day. At the moment, they were on their 7th date. They've been counting. The girls wanted to spend time alone together before meeting up with Dinah, Ally and Normani later for a fourth of July event in town later. This town sure was active.

Camila packed sandwiches in Ally's cooler bag, folded up a big blanket, and pulled Lauren out the door. Lauren brought the sketchbook Camila gave her for her birthday, too.

Camila wanted to take Lauren on a picnic by the waterfall with all of their favorite things. Flowers, art, peace and quiet, and each other. The older girl loved the idea and gladly accepted Camila's date invitation. She liked being taken out.

The brown eyed girl held Lauren's hand as they walked to their date location, swinging the cooler bag and humming a tune. Lauren watched her with a smile, everything her life was perfect at the moment and she wanted to enjoy every second of it.

Once the dirt and dead leaves turned into lush, green grass, the demons knew they were close. The flowing waterfall came into view along with its vibrant flower patch. Camila ran ahead, quickly spreading out the blanket and placing the cooler bag on top. Lauren walked over to the spot, carefully tossing her camera down. Just as she was about to sit down, Camila stopped her.

"Hang on." She instructed, pulling her by the sleeves of her coffee shop sweatshirt until she's facing her and then leaned in for a kiss. Lauren smiled against her mouth, wrapping her arms around Camila's waist. "Okay, you can sit down now. I'll make our sandwiches." Lauren sighs happily.

Camila was just so amazing.

Lauren laid on her stomach and opened up her new sketch book, brushing the clean page with her fingertips. She chewed on the end of her pencil and looked around, trying to find something to draw. She plucked a flower from the ground, twirled it in her fingers and then set it in front of her for reference. As Lauren drew, Camila opened up the cooler bag and began preparing their sandwiches. She balanced the bread on her thigh and grabbed the lunchmeat, opening it up from the separate bag and peeling two pieces apart.

A little while later, the demons took bites of their sandwiches while working on their unrelated art projects. Camila, of course, strung flowers together while Lauren drew different things in the area.

Camila inched closer and closer to the older demon as time went on. She had made a few things out of flowers for Lauren to wear but she didn't want to interrupt her if she was 'in the zone' or something. She watched Lauren silently working while resting her head in her hand. Lauren looked up briefly to find Camila. She looked back down at her page then back up again after realizing she was staring. The green eyed girl broke out into a smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks.

"You're focused and cute." Camila tells her. Lauren leans over and pecks Camila's lips quickly so she doesn't lose her balance. "Oh come on, I want a better kiss than that." The younger girl teases. Lauren chuckles and gets into a better position to properly kiss Camila who hummed happily. "I made you something." She tells her, breaking away from the kiss with a smile.