My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 66

I got 7 votes and 16 comments this time, so that's getting better I think. Here's the next chapter that I just finished. 

Part 66

Alec’s POV

Well at least now I had a better idea of what she was thinking. It was true, if you looked at it from her point of view that she hadn’t had a lot of things that were given to Andrew and Suzy and not to her. It was like she had been ignored most of her life, which I bet she had.

Jessie and Jason had come back in, after hearing everything; they had been eavesdropping, apparently. They looked extremely guilty, as they should have been. No one was ever there for her, not even me. She had no one she could rely on 100% of the time, all the time. That’s why she had always felt alone and neglected. Everyone looked sad and guilty, as if they were the cause of it, and they were. All of us were, Alex was feeling this way because of us, she was left to deal with everything alone; none of us had really been there for her.

“Who’s going to go find her?” Jessie spoke up.

“I’m the only one that can. I know where she probably is anyway. Just leave her alone for a while, though. She probably doesn’t want to see any of our faces right now.” I told them.

“What if she’s in trouble, or hurt, you’ve got to go find her.” Jason stated.

“If she was she’d instantly contact me. She wouldn’t let pride or stubbornness get in the way of her safety, she knows how important she is to the world, that’s why she hasn’t killed herself just yet.” I told them.

“How do you know so much about her? Even we don’t know this much.” Bells asked. 

“I'm the only one that actually takes time to observe her. I actually watch her every move and action to see what she’ll do next or what she’ll do in a certain situation. I might not be able to predict what she’ll do but I can at least take the time to watch. She’s level headed, even when she’s angry or sad, she still keeps a cool head. If she can’t keep her cool then she’ll run, just like she did now, so she won’t do anything to hurt you guys or put you in danger. She knows she can get out of control so before that happens she leaves so as not to disappoint you guys and show her weak side. I’m the only one that’s ever seen her weak side, and that’s only because she lets me, or I wouldn’t be able to see it either.” I told them.

“How come she won’t let anyone of us see her weak side?” Olive asked, quietly.

“She has been watching and waiting, testing each and every one of you. At one point or another, she might have shown you a little of her weak side, but then you went and betrayed her, so she’s completely stopped showing it to you. It’s not like she hates or anything, she loves everyone in this room, even Jessie and Jason, but you guys have hurt her to the point where she can’t take it anymore, so she pushes you away, so she can’t get hurt anymore. It’s only hurting her even more, especially when you guys try to earn her trust again, because she has to push you away even further.” I explained.

“What have we done to betray her?” Brendan asked.

“Brendan and Oscar, you guys have done nothing. She just hasn’t had the time to get close to you yet. Olive, Bells, Josh, you guys acted more as her protectors then her cousins, when she needed her cousins, she was given her protectors. Josh, she let you see her soft side a little, didn’t she, but you didn’t tell her you were her cousins, you told her everything but that, when she thought she knew everything about you, you were probably her closest, but not telling her that one thing, threw her off, and that made her lose her trust in you.”