Prologue

• Dedicated to To all who dared to dream... As long as it's free it's never a sin.

As Told by Nerdy

By Shim Simplina

All rights reserved. 2012©
Published under Summit Media PopFiction 2016
Available nationwide in the Philippines. Get your ebook via Buqo.

Other works by Shim Simplina:

Reapers Chronicles
Reapers-Thirteen Brothers (published)
Reapers-The First Familiar (completed)
Reapers-Master of Souls

Nerd Diaries:
How To Date a Nerd (completed)

Filipino Stories:
31 Days to Die
#LoveTeam

Prologue

“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”                                                             

                                                                                                                −Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

 And they lived happily ever after — six words that illustrate how everything ends in every fairy tale known to man. It was what every girl strives for throughout the centuries.

The perfect love story with the perfect man; who gives roses when she’s irate. A man, who after stargazing with his love professes that no star would brighten his life more than her smile. Someone to embrace her tightly despite her struggle and during her worst days would kiss her, look into her eyes and tell her she’s beautiful. And most of all, one man whose love withstands the test of time in the hope of being gray-haired and old together.

I could only dream about this pettiness.

I have long given up on finding romance. Let’s get this straight. I am not your average heroine who would probably be one of the following; one, the face that sailed a thousand ships; two, a vampire or the mate of the alpha; three, filthy rich; four, amazing in sports, martial arts or other skills of the sort; five, possess a certain magical ability; six, extremely lucky and lastly combination or all of the said qualities. In fact, I don’t exactly fit in any of these categories. I wouldn’t probably get a date in the Junior Prom.

If it had you wondering, well I would say you are wrong. I am not an alien or something from beneath the surface of the earth for that matter. I am in fact a human, but a strange one at that. Or at least that's what I assumed since everybody treated me differently.

Who knew a measly pair of glasses could be such a powerful thing? It could either make or break you. But mostly break you... through high school... and for life. I should know. And yes, I am a glasses-wearing nerd to admit it; category seven.

You might lose interest at this point and you are free to do so since it would save me another humiliating, traumatic but mostly idiotic recount of my life.