Chapter 22

Chapter 22

   I could feel Gavier's breathing through his chest as he slowly put his arms around me. His heartbeat was steady and it calmed me hearing its rhythm, knowing that he was alive.

"Did you miss me?" He asked and I could feel him smirking.

I nodded against his chest without hesitation.

"Were you thinking about me?"

I nodded again.

"Look up, I want to see your face."

This time, I shook my head. I haven't yet sucked the tears that were threatening to fall since earlier, and I wouldn't dare let him see it.

Please let me just embrace you.

Because I knew that after this, I would have to tell him, and knowing Gavier, I don't think he would be jumping around like a kid because I talked to his mother who just told me about his depressing past.

"Clarissa, let me see you," he said again and I shook my head vehemently.

He sighed then began caressing my hair. I couldn't look up, or else he would know. I don't want him to know.

"I get it, you've come to realize your feelings for me and now you're trying to confess. How adorable."

And the arrogant jerk was yet again feeding his huge ego.

"You wish," I said, then quickly let go and turned around so I could wipe my tears but I was too slow.

He held my face and looked straight in my eyes. Seeing my tears, his eyes became intense, furious.

"Who is it? Who did this?" He snarled.

"Y-your mom," I choked weakly.

His eyes widened as he let go of me as if he just touched a burning coal.

"My mother? H-how—"

"She talked to me, she wants me to convince you to talk to her. Gavier, I know."

His eyes darkened, shock and betrayal casted over his face.

"What do you know?" He asked accusingly.

"Everything," I said in almost a whisper, the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes finally trickled down my face and I wiped it with my hand quickly. What is happening to my heart?

His face hardened, teeth gritting. "That bitch, what the fuck was she doing here?" He paced around the room, running a hand through his hair aggressively. He turned to me. "And you, why did you fucking talk to her?"

He still hates his mother, so much.

I composed myself. "I didn't know your relationship until now."

"And now that you know because my business is suddenly your business, you still want me to talk and have a happy ending with her." He laughed sarcastically. "What a joke."

I knew it, it was going to be like this. I put on my bitch mode. "She was crying for god sake, pleading me on her knees. She has suffered enough, don't you think it's time for you guys to talk to each other? She's your mother Gavier."

He stepped towards me with an angry look, fists clenched at his sides. For a moment I really wanted to hide and run away. I really hate fighting with Gavier, it's like a nightmare.  "Listen Clarissa, my business is my business. You don't go and stick your fucking nose in my shit, you understand."

I remained my stance. I couldn't fucking believe it. He's threatening me.

I glared back at him. "Don't you think that's a bit too late now? Your mother, Queen Dianne has personally asked me a favor. A queen Gavier, and your freaking mother."