Dorm Room 210: A Roommate's Agreement

Author Note: Edited and updated 18th April 2019

So... between the club chapter and this chapter, it's only been like... A day. Haha. Oops. Oh well, wattpad versions are like that sometimes. I'm picking it up as we speak. 

I would've put this chapter with the last one but it's hard to re-write chapters until after you post them so. 

This chapter is... a bit naughty. Please freak out as much as you like. xx

Chapter 22:

A Roommate's Agreement

We lie together on his soft mattress, each in our own little world, as Noah strokes my back under my jumper and creates random spirals and designs, sending shivers down my spine.

I turn to face him, and frown at watery tear tracks that stain down his cheeks. My heart clutches between a mix of guilt and gratitude. I reach out to wipe them away.

"Hey, there's no need to cry," I say softly, too engaged in our bubble to snap out of this tender moment. "This is the first time I've seen you visibly upset and it's about me. I rather you didn't."

Noah's skin feels blotchy under his eyes and stubbly in the areas where he shaved, but he is warm and perfect to touch. He gives me a lopsided smile.

"How can I not cry? You've gone through so much." His hand cups the back of my head as he leans down to plant a gentle kiss on my temple. "I care about you so much, sunshine."

We fall back in our silence, listening to the sound of our breathing and the contemptuous wind continuing outside while we pepper kisses on each other's faces. My cheeks hurt from smiling too much but being in the arms of Noah in the privacy of our dorm makes it all worth the pain.

I wish I can continue to be like this for months to come: happy and honest; never having to hide who I am or how I feel. Telling Noah about my parents was a weight I wouldn't have thought I could get rid of.

Yet, here I am. His trust and my honesty hovering between us like a piece of invisible thread tied around our hearts.

Within the comforts of his bed and the warmth radiating off his chest, my body relaxes in a peaceful state of mind. I close my eyes enjoying the pressure of Noah's lips on my temple, before sleep, disguised as the empty internal presence in my head, sweeps me in its embrace.

It only feels like a minute before I wake up to the softness of Noah's voice quietly speaking to a person over the phone.

"Yeah, I should make it work by that week, but I won't know when I can visit until we submit our assignment...No, Mum, drinks and pizza, that's it. And let people dress how they want." He sighs, and it takes him a moment before he replies. "I'd appreciate it if you checked in with him before you make those invitations, can't have both your sons not showing up -- I'm kidding! I'll be there."

Noah's voice grows distant as the front door closes behind him.

"Hey, you."

I open my eyes and look at the foot of the bed where Nicole sits at my feet.

"Hey," I say back, groggily. "What are you doing here?"

"Came to check up on you, see how you're doing." She points her thumb in the direction of the front door. "I only just got here a few minutes ago since Noah decided not to text me that you arrived. Hope you don't mind."

I shake my head. "Of course not. You're always welcome."

"I'm glad." Nicole scoots closer, looking nervous. "So, what happened? You had us all worried."