P A S T ➢ ii

they sat on the porch of xavier's house, slightly breezy, balancing out the hot temperature. he held his melting ice chocolate cream cone and she watched it drip, attracting ants.

"you're my bestest friend, gennie."

his glasses we're too big for his face and his front tooth was missing. she gave him a shy smile, her hair pulled back by her yellow headband, giving him a toothy grin, putting her juice box down and wiping her hands on her pink dress.

"i love you, 'avier," she said, giving him a sloppy, kiss on the cheek, making his cheeks burn.

the two seven year olds stuck their tongues out at each other.

"you only get to say that when you're getting," he stopped, abpruptly, to find the right word, "married. i heard that on tv."

she shrugged, "i heard all the mommies talking together and they said that if we stay bestest friends forever we might."

she squeezed her orange juice box.

"you look kind of pretty," he said shyly.

"you look kind of messy," she giggled, looking at his ice cream covered mouth and his now-stained shirt.

"gennie, can you promise me you'll stay forever?" xavier said.

genevieve furrowed her eyebrows, "like, at your house for dinner tonight?"

xavier's eyes widened behind his frames, "we're having 'pasgetti and meatballs and we might have that cake that you said you like a lot."

"okay 'avier," she struggled with his name once more, "okay, then i promise i'll stay."

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e :

i'm in english class right now oops.

any plans for the weekend? mine literally looks like : a. procrastinate b. write c. make dessert d. procrastinate some more e. edit gms

+ lana del rey omg, her music never gets old -you guys should give her music a listen, if you haven't already because gah its too heartfelt and it's not mainstream.