File: Expect the Unexpected

"Tony! Time for breakfast!" Bruce yelled as he finished cooking a perfect breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs.

He was ignored by the genius but he didn't doubt that he heard him. Tony always disregarded food.

"I'll get him." Steve started getting up from his seat in the dining room.

"Don't bother." Percy said rising from his seat and striding soundlessly to the top of the stairs that led down to Tony's lab. He crouched down so he was squatting on his toes and cupped his hands around his mouth. "Tony, will you come up for breakfast?" His voice sounded compelling and the others forced themselves to not listen.

"Yeah, sure, Perce. Be right there. Let me save this."

Percy gave the others a knowing look and winked. "Well," He stretched, popping his back. "I'm hungry." He grabbed a plate and sat down gracefully while the others fell around him in heaps.

"W-wha..what the heck was that?!" Clint exclaimed. "How can a dudes voice sound so..so.."

"Beautiful?" Bruce piped up.

Clint snapped his fingers. "Yeah!"

Percy felt his face warm and Tony growled lowly in his throat from the entry way. He strode in and sat on Percy's right, grabbing Iron Man cup that was filled with steaming coffee.

Percy glanced at him but said nothing as he stabbed his eggs with his fork.

Tony glared hard at his eggs as he gnawed angrily on a strip of bacon. Why were they talking about Percy like that? Percy's min- woah, Anthony. Slow yourself. You can't be in love with him. It's just a phase because Pepper broke up with you for Happy... He started stabbing his scrambled eggs viciously at that thought. Whatever. He didn't need her.. He didn't.

"Tony."

Percy's voice startled him and he looked over. His green eyes were studying him but they gave nothing away, almost like Natasha. His head was tilted in a way that showed that he was thinking about something.

"Calm down. The others will notice." He placed his hand on Tony's. "Just clear your mind and drink your coffee. You can clear your head at the lab. Don't worry."

Tony nodded a little surprised that he had noticed. How?

Percy gave a small smile. "I had some friends who got nervous or angry. I became pretty good at reading people, I guess." He shrugged. "Anyway, finish your food. I'll come down to the lab to keep you company soon."

Tony sighed. "Yeah, okay." He nodded and finished his breakfast, thanking Bruce and patting Steve on the shoulder. He made his way to his lab and sat down at his table staring down at the unfinished work of Iron Man's arm.

"Tony?" Percy strode in with silent steps and gently placed a cup of warm brown coffee down in front of him, the only sound was a soft thunk. "I thought you could use a little more coffee." He said softly. "This was all Steve would let me get."

"Thanks." He grabbed the cup and drank it in one gulp sighing in contentment as the soothing liquid ran down his throat and jump started his nerves.

Percy moved behind him and placed his hands on Tony's shoulder, slowly massaging them, and Tony sighed in bliss. "Will you tell me what you're thinking about?"

Tony blinked up at him. "Not many people want to know what goes on in my head."

Percy smiled softly. "I guess I'm one of the few." He moved his hands to the billionaires hair and ran his fingers through the soft brown locks.

"Mm. Pepper, my CEO, broke up with me a couple of weeks ago because she didn't want to have to keep worrying about me. After, a couple days later, she started dating one of my friends, Happy." He closed his eyes and leaned back as he reveled in the feeling of Percy's fingers in his hair. It just felt so good.

"Go to sleep, Tony." The demigod said quietly and soothingly. "You haven't slept in a while. You're exhausted. Take a nap. I'll be here when you wake up." He helped him to the couch in the lab and placed a blanket over the sleeping genius.

"Mm. Promise?" Tony lifted his pinky and looked at Percy with large brown eyes.

Percy smiled and curled his pinky around his. "Promise."

And he was there.

When Tony opened his eyes he felt fingers running through his hair. His head was on Percy's lap and he was humming a beautiful tune that sounded old but still amazing.

"Oh, you're up." Even as he said that, Percy didn't stop running this fingers through the billionaires hair and Tony didn't mind.

"Mm. Yeah. How long was I asleep?"

"I don't know. JARVIS?" Percy looked up at the ceiling.

"Three hours, sir." The A.I answered as he slowly brightened the lights so he didn't hurt his creator's eyes.

"Oh, thank you." Percy smiled at the genius who's eyes were half lidded. "Anything you prefer to do?"

Tony pursed his lips in thought. "No. I'm pretty happy right here."

Percy laughed lightly and massaged one shoulder as he played with his hair with his other hand. "Have you gotten any rest the last couple days?"

Tony attempted as shrug. "No. Not really. Too busy on my armor. Didn't want to leave it."

Percy nodded. "Okay. I'll-"

And then the wall exploded.