Chapter 24 : Mr. Cold

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

When Braden leaves, I say goodnight to Brooke, go take a shower and go to bed early, wrapped in Braden's shirt, his scent lingering everywhere in the room, calming me down.

I don't feel very tired and since I'm used to be up for long hours at work, I can't fall asleep immediately. So I lay on my back, looking up into the darkness when flashes of Braden come into my brain again.

I smile goofily at the thought of him. It's only a surprise that I don't start giggling out loud like a teenager, thinking about her crush.

I hug the pillow Braden slept on close to my chest and bury my face in it. How I wish he would be here with me, holding me in his arms that make me feel so protective ...

Thinking about it, I start to wonder why didn't he stay with me. He said he needs to wake up early, but that didn't stop him from sleeping here before. I frown in the darkness.

My phone beeps from my bedside table and I jump up in shock. I lazily stretch across the bed to reach it and I blink down on the screen two times so that I make sure I'm seeing right.

The phone beeps again in my hands, making me almost drop it in surprise. There are two messages from Braden waiting on me.

I enjoyed every moment with you today.

And then another, Think about me. I know you won't leave my mind for a long time.

My heart stops for a moment and then starts beating up faster, louder. I stare at the phone in my hands with a huge grin splitting my face. God, how much I love this man.

I type back, I already think bout u every sec of the day :) x

I lie down on my bed with my phone tightly clutched in my hands, hoping for his answer, but when it doesn't come, I panicky wonder if the sentence was too much. Does he know what I mean with it? My heart drops a bit. Surely not, I think. He would say something otherwise, wouldn't he? Or would he just be gone one day, when he gets fed up with me, and he'll leave without any word?

With him lingering in my thoughts and with my phone still clutched in my hands, I fall asleep, hugging his pillow, wrapped in his shirt and surrounded by his amazing scent, luring me softly into the dreamland where even there, he doesn't escape my thoughts.

***

And I wake up just like that - still hugging his pillow, my phone now lays on the bed beside the pillow and his scent is still everywhere around me. I bury my head into his pillow, inhaling deeply and then smiling like a child.

It's amazing what effect he has on me when he's not even here. And it's even more amazing what a big part of my life he became in such a short time. He already has his side of the bed, his pillow, his mug in the kitchen, his clothes in my room ... I like it. I just hope it lasts.

I pick the phone up and firstly check if Braden has sent me any messages. There's ... nothing. My mood shifts a bit in the other, darker way, but I remind myself that it's not good to become attached so much to a man like Braden who constantly reminds me that he can't promise me anything but a good fuck. I cringe at that crude thought.

I see it's not even 8 am and I almost laugh loudly, because I basically can't remember when was the last time I woke up at this hour. Well, before I met Braden, at least. I guess him being a part of my life starts new habits, such as waking up early in the morning.