Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"No! We are not bringing them back to base."

"But Alpha, Destiny needs rest. And bringing her back to base can give her all the rest she needs."

"Then what are you planning to do with the demigods? Coz I know them, they'll follow us everywhere."

"......Maybe we can leave a few of the Phoenix here to watch after them."

"Splitting up is a bad idea"

Alpha ran a hand through his hair as he stared at his fellow members.

The demigods watched them with awe. If they were back in camp, they would have started fighting. How the Phoenix managed to keep calm even in a heated discussion was beyond them.

Lucian ran out of a tent and said to Ark, "Des is responding."

Everybody ran into the tent.

There laying on a bed was Destiny, shaking and shivering with cold sweat on her forehead.

"I don't what's going on but I do know that it's not good. This reaction seems familiar though."

Everyone looked at Lucian with confused looks.

He sighed and said, "Don't you guys remember? After leaving Tartarus and mending us, Destiny fell into a long coma. She was shivering and sweating cold sweat once in a while? We almost lost her guys, do you remember?!"

Skylar collapsed.

Stardust immediately went to hold his half-sister.

"I can't believe it. That's gonna happen again? Why? What did Destiny do to receive such punishment?" she cried into her hands.

Flakes shook his head, "I still remember how she was after she woke up. She wouldn't eat or sleep. She wouldn't even talk or look at us. One look and she'll have a huge breakdown." He looked sadly at Alpha.

Alpha felt a tear ran down his cheeks. He never understood what the Phoenix had been through and neither did the demigods. All they had heard were rumours and the story that they were told when the won the Giants War. Only given limited information, it was hard to grasp unto what they were dealing with.

The rest of the Phoenix had all gone onto their knees by Destiny's bedside. All the girls were crying whereas the guys were trying to be strong for their second in command. Their tears were threatening to fall out but they forcefully kept them at bay.

Suddenly, a bright light invaded the tent and the patrons of the Phoenix were in the tent.

"My children," Hera called out and the Phoenix ran into her outstretch arms. They couldn't help but broke down in the presence of their mother. Even Destiny could not keep her tears at bay and they rolled off without stopping. More and more tears came rolling off her cheeks until the pillow around her head became damp.

Artemis and Nyx fell to the ground next to bed. Both of them somehow could feel the pain that Destiny was in. It should be a normal for Nyx but somehow Artemis could feel it too. Artemis, being the moon goddess and all knew about Destiny's love for the moon. She remembered how she would notice a young girl bathing in the moonlight with all kinds of emotions running through her and Artemis would willingly shine on the girl to comfort her as much as she could. Every time the girl would fall asleep and Artemis would choose to spend the night guarding the girl, hoping that whatever that was troubling her would go away soon. She did not know what was going on in the girl's head but she would do whatever she can to give the girl a good night rest. And the girl was Destiny.

Having forced to see a sibling in a situation which you could not understand was hard. Alpha felt very guilty. He was angry at himself for not even thinking of spending some extra time alone with his sister to get to know her more. Even after what he had experienced during their missions together did not urge him to stop and take time for his sibling. He was upset that he got blinded with wanting revenge on the enemy and had tried to speed up training sessions without thinking that his sister would like to have some sibling time together.

Hestia sat beside her champion. She looked at the brother of the daughter of Poseidon and pulled him into her embrace. She could feel how strong the bond between her champions was even though their time together wasn't long. Hestia knew that what she planned to do was going to be hard for the Phoenix but she thought it would be the best. She let go of Alpha and stood up. Ark, ever the smart saw and asked, "Lady Hestia, what are you going to do?"

She sighed and looked at her sister's children, "I'm going to wake Destiny up. It is obvious that she has not fully recovered from her trip down to Tartarus and you guys are to help her heal completely."

All of said people gasped. Lucian spoke, "But what can we do? We've tried everything last time."

Hestia looked at Lucian with narrowed eyes, "You of all people should have an idea of what I'm talking about. All of you have experienced Tartarus before and you should understand what Destiny's going through." She turned to Alpha, "You've journeyed through Tartarus before too, use your experience to help Destiny."

Stardust nodded, "We understand milady. Do you have any idea what triggered the memories?" That caused everyone to glare at the demigods.

Nyx gathered the whole group of teenagers together. She said, "I know you guys know what the trigger was but you cannot blame them. They're in this now and you have to work together to save your leader. Work as one or break apart. Think what would benefit the enemy and do the exact opposite. I know you can do this."

"Alpha, I know you haven't been trained long but the responsibility is on your shoulders now. Without Destiny here, you would have to lead the Phoenix. By being a successful leader, you would have to trust your teammates and they have to trust you back. You have to tell them soon or things will get ugly. Think wisely and everything will work out. Phoenix, give him some time and you'll understand everything. Have faith in each other. I'm afraid we must leave. Hestia, hurry."

Hestia nodded and raised their joined hands over Destiny. An orb of darkness appeared in the chest of the sleeping one and it slowly rose. Soon enough, the orb shimmered out of the body and it disappeared into thin air.

Author's notes:

Heyyy guys, a new update!

I apologized that it's short but I promise that the next chapter will have more juice.....

I hope you guys enjoy and I'm glad to say that my exams are almost over. And that means more time to write.

Until next time!~~~

18 September 2015.

Signing out.