Chapter Ten

The girl in the mirror stared back at me with a grim face. My dark brown, almost black hair had just been washed and dried, leaving it in a beautiful shiny condition.

Black eyeliner and mascara complimented my large brown eyes, bringing out the blueish circles in around the pupil which examined my reflection.

I didn't bother put anymore make up on except brush my hair, hoping to calm the waves and make it straighter.

After a minute I gave up, letting out a frustrated sigh putting down the brush. My heart jumped slightly when the doorbell rang.

Shit...

Creeping out from the bathroom I held back a cry when I collided with Emma.

She looked just as surprised as me before smiling, "Damn.. Don't you just look fine. I could eat you right up" Her eyes lit up as my face flushed.

"Anyhoo... I'm making my escape out the back because I heard who's coming... Have fun entertaining him" She grimaced and I could see sympathy in her eyes.

"Isn't your brother coming to pick you up?" I questioned, hoping to persuade her to stay so I didn't have to do it on my own.

She waved her hand slightly, "I told him to pick me up down the road" she explained before her eyes roamed my body, "I'd love you to be my little maid" she purred before giving me a last wave and making her escape leaving me in shock.

I quickly regained myself as I heard voices below. I gucess it was time for my entrance...

I made my way down the stairs and headed into the kitchen. Xander sat on one side of the tables, eyeing the man across the table before hearing me enter and looking up to me.

The man across the table glanced back, his eyes filled with surprise as they landed on me.

"Josueé, this is my maid Milania." Xander introduced him to me. Josueé grinned and patted the free seat beside him.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I put on a brave act and made my way over , planting my bottom down on the seat beside him.

Xander gave me a look from across the table as if to tell me be careful around Josueé.

I averted my eyes from him and looked to the side, immediately regretting it when I saw Josueé was watching me.

"You're quite a beautiful maid" his voice came out more seductive than I expected, "she's just your maid?" His eyes went to Xander.

They seemed to have a stare off for a moment before he finally spoke, "She's also my girlfriend".

My eyes widened at his words "excuse me?" I interrupted and he glanced over to me, "Its alright Milania, its not a secret" The way he spoke sounded so truthful that I knew Josueé would believe it.

I opened my mouth to disagree but Josueé got there first. "Interesting.." Was the only word that came from his mouth.

"Moving on, as I was saying... I know he owes you money but he was saving that up to pay his mothers hospital bill"

Josueé didn't seem to care , "He lost... He owes the money so he has to pay up".

Xander narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to continue but I could see he was trying to think of something.

I did the first thing I could think of. My hand went to Josueé's thigh and immediately he looked over at me.

"If I may interrupt" my voice came out quieter than I hoped, "What if he paid you back by working for you..." He arched his eyebrow at my suggestion.