Chapter Twenty

Lauren looked over at Camila and sighed. Things between them were getting better and better. So much better that they felt they were definitely ready for the next step in their relationship. The G word. The older demon had been waiting for the right moment to ask Camila to be her official girlfriend all day but she feels like the brown eyed girl deserves a grand gesture (which she didn't have prepared).

Currently, they were sitting on top of the waterfall, watching the flowing water rush past them and crash into the body of water below them. Lauren reached for Camila's hand slowly, lacing their fingers together before the younger girl turned her had around to properly hold Lauren's hand in hers.

Lauren smiled when Camila leaned over, tugging on the older girls' hand to get her attention. The green eyed girl instantly knew what Camila wanted and met her halfway for a kiss. Lauren held the back of Camila's neck softly, protecting her head from the rocks after laying her back on the rocks, the water now wetting her hair and backside.

The younger girls' eyebrows rose in surprise but she kept her eyes shut until Lauren broke away from the kiss. She watched Lauren lower her head to her jaw, pecking kisses across the soft skin there. Camila giggled at the tickling feeling she got when Lauren's lips got closer to her ear, then her neck, then down to her collar bone.

Camila's hands moved to the older demons upper chest, not pushing her away, just holding her at that distance. Lauren has never done something like this before and it almost scared her. It felt really good but there was something about the situation that seemed different.

"Um, L-Lauren." Camila interrupted her nervously. Lauren removed her lips from the soft skin of Camila's neck to look down at the girl below her.

It was then that she realized that they weren't on top of the waterfall, they were in the shack. And she dreamed the whole situation.

Lauren jumped off of Camila, stopping at the edge of the bed which was a far as she could go without falling off. "Holy shit, Camila I'm so sorry!" She apologized. Camila was still laying down, stiff out of shock. "I was dreaming, I promise!" Lauren told her honestly. "I wouldn't have done something like that if I was awake, I hope you know that." She said quickly, hoping she didn't ruin the past three weeks by kissing her in such a way.

Camila still didn't respond.

"I'm so sorry, oh my god, I didn't even realize I was acting out my dream as it was happening." She told her again, still at the edge of the bed, afraid if she got any closer Camila would run.

The younger girl remained silent, still able to feel the many places Lauren's lips were. Camila's hands (which were still in the air where she was holding Lauren up) fell limp against her own chest, holding her thumping heart.

"Please say something." Lauren spoke again.

"You were dreaming about kissing me?" Camila asks, still staring up at the ceiling.

Lauren's cheeks go bright red. Of course she would question the most embarrassing part first. She clears her throat before answering. "Yes."

"And you were kissing me the same way in the dream that you were in real life?" Camila asks slowly.

Lauren shrugs. "I was asleep."

"So was I until you woke me up. You reached for my hand, which you do a lot in your sleep actually. I usually fall back asleep but then the next thing I know, you're kissing me and... climbing on top of me." Camila explains.

"Oh god." Lauren mumbles, putting her hand over her face. "I really didn't-"

"And then you kept kissing me. It was a cute way to wake up, and I assumed you were awake, too but you were getting lower and lower and then it kind of scared me. Not that you're scary. Just... like..." Camila searches for the correct words. "You can kiss me, and you can kiss me... in the areas you were," She slightly blushes, "But can you maybe go slower next time?" She asks. "I wasn't expecting it."