Chapter 5

✿◕‿◕✿ Tessa's P.O.V

"Enjoying your hangover Munchies?" Sarcasm was written all over my brother's face as he handed me my third cup of coffee this morning.

This had to be the worst feeling that I had ever experience, but then again I had worse before. My headache was heavily throbbing with pain. This hangover was draining all of the energy left inside of me. Still having the taste of vomit inside my mouth wasn't exactly pleasant either.

"Shut up." I muttered under my breath before taking another sip out of the mug.

What had happen last night? All I remember was having a flashback before passing out from all of the alcohol that I had consumed. Well at least I had somehow made it home safe and sound without any harm.

"Sweetie, here's some Advil." My mother made her way into the kitchen. She had a look of disappointment written all over her face, and I knew exactly why. She was afraid I was going to end up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning like she did once upon a not so long time ago.

"Can someone go and tell Chasity to come downstairs? I have something I would like to discuss with you guys."

"No need. I'm already here." She strolled her way in looking much better than when I had found her last night. My mother gave her a slight nod before taking a deep sigh.

"While you were out partying last night, I got an unexpected phone call. It was from your father, he said he wanted you guys to go and visit him."

I was completely speechless, how are you supposed to react to words that had just come out of her mouth. I haven't seen him in a really long time for a reason, and now all of the sudden I have to visit him?

Drake slammed his fist onto the granite kitchen island, causing all of us to become startled by the loud bang. "Why do we need to visit that bastard? So he can tell us we were mistakes again!"

I could see that tears started to form in my mother's eyes, but I knew that she was trying her best to hold in the pain. As much as Gaven made her happy, the pain and memories always came back.

Chasity hasn't said a single word at all. She was paler than usual, it was obvious that she was in a state of shock.

"Can we see dad today?" Chasity quietly said from her sit as she twiddles her thumbs around. I could see it in her eyes, she misses him even though she wouldn't admit it.

How does her heart still have a spot for a man that ruined this family? Some things I will never understand.

"We should get going and get this over with." I calmly said, and I leaned further back onto my chair.

My brother had a confused look on his face from my reaction to this whole situation. A sigh of relief came from Chasity as a faint smile appeared onto her face.

Sorry to break it to you, but I really just wanted to get this whole visiting thing over with.

As much as I wanted to tell Chasity those exact words, I knew better than to make her cry.

Why wasn't I angry, sad, devastated or even excited? Some would say that I was confused with my emotions, my answers for those people is that I couldn't care less.

Showing your emotions to a person that once was in your life meant that you still cared, I on the other hand didn't give a single shit about the man I once called dad. He wasn't worthy of me acknowledging his existence.

It's already depressing knowing that I have to share the same last name as him

"You kids go ahead and go, I don't want your dad to think that I've brainwashed you guys. I'm going to start packing for the business trip I'll be going on tomorrow. Remember that if you need anything just give a call to Gaven."