Chapter 37 - Phase 2

Sorry this is late. I didn't want to pressure myself to get it out, otherwise it would've become stressful.

Keegan's POV

"You can have the front." I told Charlie, preparing to head to the back seat.

"I'd be more comfortable in the back." He informed, rubbing his arm awkwardly.

"Alright, thats fine." I told him as I returned to the front. Theo pulled out of the driveway and headed for the school. The first few minutes of the ride were silent, that's when Theo turned on the radio. I giggled at Theo's goofy dancing behind the steering wheel. He broke a smile and continued his dancing. My giggles turned into full blown laughter, I heard Charlie chuckling in the back too. I guess this wouldn't be as bad as he'd thought.

The rest of the drive was pleasant. We goofed around a lot, and Charlie seemed to be doing fine. Several eyes landed on us as all three of us stepped out of the car. Theo is one of the popular hunks from the football team so I assume all of the looks are for him. Me and Charlie took off after Theo was swarmed by a group of girls. I felt jealousy eating me up inside but I had no choice but to let it go.

Charlie and I split once we got inside. He was off to find his group of friends, or acquaintances rather.

"Hey Kee." I heard Alayne call from down the hall as I reached my locker. I was happy to see her. Boy did I have a lot to tell her.

"Hi." I smiled, popping open my locker.

"You look happy, what's up?" She asked bouncing next to me. I explained what happened last night, excluding the parts I found embarrassing.

"I think... I think he might like me... maybe..." I admitted shyly. Last night seemed so much like a date, and he held me as we slept, those signs would point to it being true. There are some mixed signals but less of them were present. She stopped hopping and looked really surprised.

"I might ask him." I muttered, still with the shy smile eating at my face. "What do you think?" I asked, curious to her view on the situation.

"It seems like the plan is working so far. I think we should stick to it... just to be safe." She said with a slight frown forming on her face.

"Why? You really think it'll help?" I questioned. To be honest I think asking Theo now is better than following the plan... but I said I'd trust her, and that's what I'll do.

"I do." She replied with confidence.

We went to class and listened to the teacher speak about things she didn't even understand. I spent most of that time doodling in one of my school books. My mind casually sifted through thoughts from Theo, to Charlie, to my dad. How would he react when I get home? Would he even notice I was out?

Today is Friday meaning I don't have school tomorrow. I don't have any plans, and I don't have anyone to hang out with. I guess the best I could do was spend the day in the park reading or something, cause there is no way I'm going to stay the whole day under the same roof as my father.