12. Calls & Deals

Dedicated to ChowChow394 for your lovely votes and comments! They make me so very happy! Thank you sweetie!

Picture of Karina (Victoria Justice) to the side. This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

_______

Suzzanah's POV

Limping out of the elevator back towards my room, I couldn't help but feel unnerved. Those strange whispers had really spooked me. But had I really even heard them, or had it just been the wind sounding through the trees?

Roma had offered me some coffee but I had refused politely and told her I wanted to rest upstairs. I reached the room and quickly shook my head.

No! It had probably just been the wind. I'm being paranoid about nothing. It must be the exhaustion from yesterday that is getting to me. I'm starting to hear things.

I inhaled deeply letting the realization sink in, then exhaled and was about to open the door when I remembered that my roommate might be inside, so I knocked, but I didn't get a reply. I knocked again and still didn't hear anything so I opened the door and walked inside.

Sure enough she was there, lying on her bed with her ear phones plugged in and fast asleep. I sighed closing the door and limped to the bed. The rest of the day was uneventful. I fiddled with my laptop and attempted to brush my hair but gave up when I almost misplaced my hairbrush in it.

At lunch time my roommate got up and left wordlessly, ignoring my wide smile. Roma very kindly brought my meals up for me and replaced my bandages with new ones for which I thanked her multiple times. My wound still looked bad but it was healing well.

I impatiently waited for Mr. Talon to bring me my bag so I could get my phone and call my sister. Evening came and Mr. Talon arrived punctually with my handbag. When he came up to me I immediately hugged him and thanked him to which he squealed and wiggled away from me uncomfortably making me laugh. After making sure I was okay, he left after vehemently refusing to let me walk him to the door.

I found all my belongings in my bag and I sighed happily on sighting my phone. I mentally reminded myself to thank those two men who had saved me, whose names Mr. Talon had said were Derek and Mason, for even going through the trouble of finding my bag for me.

I plugged in the charger and connected my phone to it. Quickly switching it on, I dialed my sister's number and braced myself just in case that annoying guy from before picked up again. The call was received after the first ring.

"Anna?!"

My face instantly lit up with a dazzling smile as my sister's anxious voice calling me by my pet name filled my ears.

"Rina!" I exclaimed happily and I heard her let out a loud dramatic sigh.

"Thank goodness! I'm so glad you called. Are you okay? Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you!"

"I know, I know, I know, I'm so sorry. I wanted to call you earlier but yesterday was very..." I searched for a word to describe my adventure, "eventful and I didn't get a chance to. I'm sorry. But I'm really alright."

She sighed into the phone again, "Well, at least you're okay. I tried calling you like a billion times but your phone was switched off"

"It ran out of charge"

"What am I going to do with you?" she said and I could picture her shaking her head at me.

"By the way, who was that guy who picked up the phone when I called you earlier today?"