Dark Forest

The night was chilly, I got shivers the moment I got out of the house. I reflectively zipped my jacket and put both of my hands inside the jacket pocket, warming myself. All that I heard is the sound of dogs barking and crickets. It wasn't windy night, but somehow I got shiver down my spine and I tighten my jacket.

I made a few steps away from Camila, creating a good measure of distance and I would stop and hide if she glanced back. I never stalked anyone like this, but shit my curiosity. And the thought of a teenage girl walking all alone after midnight is really...creepy. Especially for a girl like Camila. She's the kind of type who could run joyously under the summer sun and looked so beautifully, but yet here she is, walking mysteriously amidst the corner of the night.

She could get hurt, or something bad will happen right? I'm just worried for her well being too.

The unfamiliar path Camila go is starting to get.. woody. She walked into some forest at the end side of our neighborhood. And everything starting to get really dark. The cricket chirping, the grass crisps under my feet, with the aged trees had creaking branches. The typical scary woods in movies.

I still watch her from afar, getting deeper inside the forest. I thought myself for a moment. Should I continue follow her? Inside that dark black forest? I literally can't see anything, the only light that help me through is the moon, which is hidden behind all those chunks trees.

Then I realize I lost Camila.

I looked around and squinted my eyes to get better look in the dark, which I know is worthless. She was nowhere to be seen. The forest was pitch dark, you might need a flashlight or something to able walk in that forest. And I wonder how Camila manage to walk in there with no light.

Should just wait here for her, or should I head back home?

No, my curiosity being the best of me right now. I pulled out my phone, and used a little flash from my phone to guide my way.

As I started to walked, I felt someone pulled my jacket from behind and knocked me hard on a hard damp surface, I swear it felt like I'm weightless to them.

I groaned at the pain as the person trapped my neck with their elbow. I struggle to hit the culprit's body and hand away from me, but it was useless, whoever it is, they're strong.

"Please d-don't hurt me.." I managed to say as tear slipped down my cheek. The pressure againts my neck starting to successfully suffocating me, giving me no power to fight back.

"Lauren??" the soft familiar voice asked. I quickly tap her elbow. She reluctantly understand and let go of me.

I dropped on my knees with my hand grasping the grass, as I tried to breath air again and ended up coughing hard. I gasped for air too quickly.

"Shit! I'm so so sorry!" She said as she scrunched down at me.

I keep coughing in every breath I take. Camila pads my back soothing me.

"Just breath slowly, inhale, exhale through your nose. You'll get there." She said with concern.

I did as she told me. And in few minutes, I manage to calm my breath, and my coughing lessen. But my heart still beats furiously in my chest.

When I finally have the energy, I rest my back against the tree with my feet sprawled out, recovering from the occurrence before. I was pissed. Have I mention how temperaments I am.

"Lauren, I'm sorry, shit...I'm so sorry." She said as she faced me.

I was going to say 'what the fuck Camila' and throw my anger at her, but my throat was a little weak to express my fury. Instead I just exhale a lot of breath I've been holding.