Part Seventeen

"How easily a woman's character is questioned, can being in love become something so dirty? A feeling so pure makes people question so much about a girl's character. The thinking needs to change. We must do something.", Nancy was ranting about the incident.

Mukti was clutching my hand tightly. I looked at her and smiled,"I'm fine mukti. I somehow saw that coming. I'm a nobody in front of you all. People will definitely question my intentions. So its okay."
"But you're someone's everything Nandini.", a deep familiar manly voice echoed the room. I looked at the source and saw Manik standing there.
That was the breaking point for me. I ran towards him and clutched his shirt. I started crying my heart out.
Manik was caressing my hair and was kissing my head every now and then.
If Manik was here then he must be aware of what happened.
"Manik..did..did you do anything to Anirudh?" I asked.
I felt Manik clenching his fist. His breathing became fast. I hugged him hard. I knew if I let him free he can do anything.
Manik after a while murmured,"get ready. Pack your bags we are all going back to mumbai."
I broke the hug and looked at him. My eyes were wide. I said,"but Manik what about these auditions?"
"I don't care. We have had enough of all this drama. I'm done with this stupid idea. I've decided what I've to do with the rest so that they don't get offended.", Manik replied.
Mukti said,"Nandini I guess Manik is right. Even I'm done with this. Nothing is more important than you both."
I wasn't sure. I mean what are they all up to.
Manik held my chin and made me look into his eyes. He asked me,"do you trust me?"
I nodded while looking in his eyes. He held my hand,"then don't worry. Ab har cheez sath mei Ladd jayenge (now we'll fight come what may)"
I smiled at him. Nancy said,"Manik I'm sorry."
Manik looked at her, broke our embrace. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders,"oye! Why are you crying and why are you feeling sorry? Tears don't suit your eyes, aggression do."
Nancy smiled at him. She said,"I'm sorry I thought wrong about you. You both are the best thing that can happen to each other. You both complete each other. I shouldn't have behaved the way I Behaved with you. I'm really really sorry."
Manik said,"come on Nancy. I'm glad that you were there with Nandini. You made her strong. I do get it that I have hurt her and that's the mistake I can't undo. I regret that mistake with every breathe of mine. You don't have any idea how much I've missed on in life and the way you treated me was fine, trust me it should have been worse than that."
Nancy said,"Manik. Your love is really so pure. I know now that Nandini has finally found that missing piece in her puzzle."
I smiled at the duo. They both have been fighting like dog and cat but from inside they both knew that the other one wasn't wrong. Cabir then marched in looking grumpy. I pulled his cheeks and said,"chill down. I'm fine. Don't get tensed."
He looked at me.
"No I'm angry at both of you. You both really have to compensate for all the work I have to do for both of you. Get me a guy! I'm bored of solving your problems, I want to solve mine too."he said irritatedly.
All of us laughed at him. I really have to do something for him. I know he said all this to lighten the atmosphere but somewhere down the line its true that he is alone and he needs someone. He has always helped me selflessly and its time for me to do a bit for my friendship.
We all then moved to our respective rooms and got all our stuff packed. After an hour or so I got a text from Manik to move out. I was moving out and saw Aliya. I walked to her.
I said,"I'm sorry Aliya. Because of me you have to face so much." But she cut me in between and said,"Nandini are you mad? Come on. You're a part of us now. We've seen Manik being so self destructive in your absence, but you entered his life like an angel and fixed him for right. Manik has never been so happy, not even with me, and he deserves this happiness and so do you. Nandini look at yourself you're glowing in his love. You both compliment each other in every way possible."
I hugged her. I never thought that Aliya will ever accept me completely but her words took me by surprise.
Mukti came to me and said,"come lets go. We have to go to the airport and you're coming with me. Final."
I smiled at this new bond that we girls were sharing.
We all settled in our cars, me with mukti and left for the airport. As expected there was lots of media around. I was prepared for the love, but not for these add-ons. Mukti sense my tension. She said,"don't worry. I'll tell you what to do. Put your sunglasses on, chin up, pout a bit and go with *i don't give a fuck* attitude. I know its easily said than done but at least you won't be blank. Don't say anything. I'll be there with you don't worry."
I nodded nervously. I was really nervous just then I heard someone open my door. It was Manik looking uber cool and handsome in black shirt and black wayfarers. He was looking so hot. I was lost in him, he gave me a smirk and said,"you can admire me as much as you want but for now lets get going."
He held out his hand and I happily placed my hand in his. All of us proceeded together. The media jumped on us right that moment. They targeted me and manik.
One of them said,"why are you leaving so early sir?"
The other one shot another question,"sir, what do you have to say about the guy anirudh who said that it was all planned?"
To which Aliya calmly replied,"if it was all planned then why would we waste so much of money? We are not afraid of anyone. If we wanted something we could have done without all this too. Come on, use some brain people."
One of them asked another question,"sir, what do you have to say about the video interview you just released on your official website?"
Okay what are they talking about? Now I'm clueless but I kept on moving ahead with a poker face.
Another one said,"mam what do you have to say about the claims that you had undue advantage because of your relations with the lead singer of fab5?"
I calmly replied,"I don't know whether any thing I say right now would make much of a difference but I'll just say let my work be your criteria to judge me not my personal life."
I smiled.
I can sense Manik smiling. Finally we made it through and entered the airport. I immediately turned towards Manik and said,"what video were they talking about?"
Before Manik could say something Nancy passed me her phone and said,"here's the video."
I watched the video. It touched my heart. It was basically a short interview of fab5, and the host was Nancy.
The interview goes like this:

Nancy: so guys finally the moment has arrived. I'm here with fab5 as they announce their new album. After a long procedure of auditions throughout the world, they are here to announce the lucky one. Dhruv, please kill the buzz now.
Dhruv: we won't make you wait now. We are signing the deal with Nandini, we've known her even before fab5 saw the light of the day. She is an amazing and talented singer. She'll prove you all that she is here to stay and rule.
Cabir: I agree with Dhruv. We have had such enormous response, for which we are thankful to you all. It has been a tough task but your support made it all possible.
Aliya: I agree with Both of them. It really was one experience which we are never going to forget. We are going to cherish this forever. Frankly this decision of ours has proved to be the best for us.
Mukti: yeah. Totally. This one has been close to our hearts.

Nancy: speaking of heart. Manik, what do you have to say about claims made by one of the ex-contestants?
Manik: there are going to be many situations in life, but all I want to urge to people is never question a woman's character. Never stoop so low. You need to know the whole story to even raise one single question. Never jump to conclusions. Anirudh you might have been there where Nandini is right now but we are sorry we can not associate with someone who questions a girl's character. Learn to respect woman. As for what's between me and Nandini, well I want to say I'm a human too. I have every right to fall for someone just like you all do. I hope you'll respect my decision.
Nancy: now that's something. Manik all the best with this new phase in life. Any message?
Manik: yes of course! We'll also have one song with soha, Sam and saahil, the remaining final participants in the album. So its not an end for them too.
Nancy: that's such a sweet gesture. It was great talking to you all. I hope your new album breaks all your previous records. With this I, Nancy, will take your leave and wrap up with this interview with ever sweet fab5. Take care people.
----
I had tears of joy in my eyes. Fab5 acknowledging me and our old ties in front of the whole world and more over Manik embracing our love, accepting that he has fallen for me in front of whole damn world. I swear I don't have words to define what I had in my my mind at that moment. Tears were constantly flowing out of my eyes.
Manik cupped my face and wiped away my tears with his thumb.
Manik said,"hey don't cry. Now is our time to be happy not sad. Five years ago I did a mistake by not taking a stand for MY LOVE but not anymore nandini."
All the others exclaimed,"awwwww" and hugged us both.

-----------
A/N
Hola people! Heres a new update. There was so much love and emotions in this one. Hope you liked it!
This ff is coming to an end now, a few more parts to go. Do shower your love and keep voting.
Hit the star and vote for the story.
Do drop in your comments.

Love ,
Sasha