COLOUR

Dan didn't have colour yet, not unlike many of his friend. The tops that looked oh so nice whilst hanging on the clothes rack, I'm colours of greens, blues and reds all turned to different shades of grey once on his body.

He longed for colour. To be able to see his eyes and hair, his actual skin colour, and most of all, to have someone to share that colour with.

It made him sick, seeing happy couples in the summer, wearing colourful clothes, smiling and laughing. He knew it wasn't fair to say that, yet at the moment he didn't really care. He tried many relationships, some with boys and some with girls, yet none of them gave him what he desired.

Dan was currently walking through the busy streets of London, hoping to get to the cafe in which he was meant to be meeting PJ in on time.

He had woken up late, so he hadn't had time to straighten his hair or to eat breakfast, leaving him hungry and with slight curls in his hair.

None the less, he grabbed his phone and jogged out the door, apologising to the occasional angry business man when he accidentally bumped into them.

He was nearing the cafe now, slowing down slightly yet still almost speed walking in the crowds of people.

He hadn't noticed how out of breath he was until he finally sat down, breathing slightly faster than usual. The cafe, as usual, was near enough empty even with the fast paced crowds right out of the window at the front.

He looked around the cafe, taking in everyone's appearances. Right towards the back, there was a group of teenagers, all of them looking slightly different, if not a lot. A girl was wearing shorts along with a tank top, a boy sitting by her skinny jeans and a plain top. There were another two girls, one of which was wearing skinny jeans and a top that said in bold letters "eat. Sleep. Internet." which he could deeply relate to, The last girl had dark, brown hair along with a black hoodie and a My Chemical Romance top and black ripped skinny jeans. The red on her top stood out, along with her blue eyes which stood out against her fringe.

Dan envied that girl.

He carried on looking, his eyes setting on a boy by the window who had a book in his hand and a plate of pancakes in front of him.

He's stunning, Dan thought, suddenly realising how awful he must have looked.

Almost as if he had read his mind, the boys cheeks turned a darker shade of grey as he looked up at Dan, causing his own cheeks to do the same and to look down at his fumbling hands in his lap.

Dan glanced up at the boy who was starting to stand up.

He thought he had scared him away, until he heard a chair in front of him scrape backwards. He looked up, seeing possibly the most gorgeous human being right before his eyes.

"Hi." The boy grinned.

Dan couldn't help but stare at his eyes. They were grey, like his own but he was convinced that in colour they would be the most amazing shade of whatever colour they were. Not that they weren't amazing already.

"Hi. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why did you come over?"

Dan could feel his cheeks turning a darker shade of grey, causing him to look down at his hands which he was playing with in his lap.

The boy before him shrugged before replying.

"You seemed kind of interesting, I guess."

Dan looked up,his cheeks definitely turning darker,

"Well I'm not so sure about me being interesting, but you're entitled to your own opinion."

Dan mentally cursed himself for being so awkward before grinning when the boy laughed. His laugh was like a sweet melody to Dan's ears, as cheesy as that sounds.