Prologue

Wanda Maximoff looked down at her hand as her twin brother, Pietro, took hers in his, squeezing it reassuringly. HYDRA operatives were running back and forth in front of them, preparing for the SHIELD attack heading their way.

"Report to your stations immediately," someone said over the intercom. "This is not a drill. We are under attack. We are under attack."

Wanda kept her breathing even, just like Pietro had taught her, when a new announcement came over the intercom. "Police public call box spotted! The Doctor and the Bad Wolf are in the field! Repeat, the Doctor and the Bad Wolf are in the field!"

Wanda looked up at Pietro, her eyes widening as his did the same thing. The Doctor and the Bad Wolf's names were cursed by HYDRA everywhere. Wherever HYDRA went, somehow the two were able to find them. The Bad Wolf had been former Avenger Jessie Nightshade, also called Vertigo, before she had married the Doctor and become a Time Lady. They were two of the most powerful people to have stepped on Planet Earth.

Maybe that day was when it would all change.

***

Explosions ripped across the snowy landscape as Natasha Romanoff drove the tank, Clint Barton shooting down anyone who got too close for comfort. Saleen Harper dove from the other one, blasting past in her ice form, before running off into the trees. The Hulk roared from some place nearby as Thor appeared on one of the lookout towers, wielding his hammer with all his might.

Then thunder cracked in the air, and the Doctor and Jessie Nightshade appeared from nowhere, launching lightning at two of the HYDRA tanks approaching, quickly flying up and out of the way before the tanks exploded. Steve Rogers drove by, tossing his shield to boomerang between the HYDRA agents getting too close to the SHIELD agents' tank than he liked.

Tony Stark flew by, and the Hulk finally appeared, as the nine Avengers charged into battle together, ready to retrieve the scepter and get out . . . and crush the HYDRA cell in the process.

***

There we go! Hopefully, the prologue will keep you all satisfied for now. And I think the Doctor would definitely count as an Avenger by now, considering all he's done for Earth even before the Avengers got together.

And besides, he and Jessie kick ass together. What more is there to say? ;)

POV wise, I'll be sticking with the Avengers a lot (duh) and I'll be doing ones with the Maximoffs, too. Sound good?

Good.

Now I'll get to doing "The Apocalypse's Daughter." ;)