Chapter 4

I told Ashley everything. Every detail and of course she started freaking out.

"Deez nuts!" She busted out laughing for the 100th time. I cringe. "You're so stupid."

"Hey! I panicked!" I shout. I didn't know what else to say. I start pacing back and forth. What if he knows it's me. What if he tells everyone that I, Elizabeth went to his house and stole his baseball cap!-

Wait where is the baseball cap?
I look around and see it there on the dresser. I grab it and put it on.

"It's a cute hat tho. Very boho chic-"

"Ash what if he knows it's me.." I interrupt her.

"Liz he won't find out! He didn't see you now take a chill pill and calm your tits!" She had a point. I'm being dramatic. I pull off the cap and place it in my last drawer. I take a deep breath and walk downstairs with ash behind me. We make it to the kitchen and start pulling out ingredients to bake cookies. It's 9:34 pm perfect time for baking if you ask me. Just then the door opens and my mom walks in. She puts down her purse and walks towards me and gives me a hug and kiss same with Ashley.

"Hey girls, how was y'all's night. I'm sorry I'm back so late from the office. But some things just never seem to be finished." She sighs, and I suddenly picture my father. Ever since my dad passed away when I was in 6th grade things have been tough, but my mom is an amazing women who is even tougher. She gets food on the table and pays the bills on time. She's worked so hard, it'll pay off soon.

"It was nice. We're just making cookies now you wanna help?" Ashley says.

"Sure I'd love to" my mom smiles, but deep down I know she feels sadness creeping in as she takes a look at the ingredients. Chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies.

Dads favorite.

We finish all the cookies while watching some cheesy romantic comedy. At the end my mom says goodnight and kisses us both on the head before going to her room.

"Hey ash?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think there's such thing as a soul mate?"

She stays quite for a while then lays her head on my lap. "I think so. I mean maybe everyone has that one person that can make them smile and laugh. And maybe that's a soul mate, someone who makes you feel alive and beautiful inside.. Yeah I think there is such thing as a soul mate.. But I also believe that not everyone ends up with them or finds that person.." 

I nod my head. Then we both walk back upstairs. She showers in the guest bathroom while I shower in mine. We get in our matching pjs and lay on either side of the bed. I turn off the lamp and cuddle with my stuffed panda bear.

"Goodnight ash love you"

"Goodnight Liz love you too"

And with that I fall into a deep sleep. And create dreams that I shall soon forget in the morning.

A/n short chapter I know. I'll make the next one longer.