Chapter 28: This War Is Ours Part II

Jack ran with Miaka away from the area, staff in his hands. They were panting as they went farther and farther away from the scene, the more he ran, the more Jack worried for Juri's well being. What if this is the last time I ever see her again? And if it is...

Jack then stopped in his tracks, thinking about the possibilities of her gone again. Though this time, he won't get her back if they really do kill her the right way to kill an immortal Siren. Miaka stopped too, and turned to Jack with a confused look.

"What is it?" She asked, taking a breath.

He looked down and stared at the brass staff in his hand. 

"If I do succeed in stopping it all, will it be worth if Juri's not here?" He whispered, but Miaka heard.

"Are you kidding me?" She said and stepped in front of him, "Lady Juriko is the best fighter I've known, next to Lady Parthenope of course. But knowing the skills the Queen bares, she will make it out, alive. She will live and watch as we defeat these disgusting creatures."

They heard some noises move past the leaves of the branches near them. Jack and Miaka readied their attack, only to see that it was Leukosia. Miaka gasped, then bowed.

"Forgive me my Queen! For I thought of you as the enemy and almost attacked."

Leukosia waved her hand, "It's alright." She turned to Jack and looked at the brass staff, "Let's get going! I know the perfect place to put it."

They ran through the mazes of trees and plants as she explained, "I finally found the chance to map out where to put the staff at. It's a possibility, though Jack, you're going to have to figure it out if it is the spot."

"How am I going to do that?" He asked.

"You'll be able to sense it. Just go with it!" She said as they swerved a corner. They heard a hiss from above. They looked up and spotted two Harpies glaring down below them. Their eyes went wide when they spotted the staff. 

Jack was about to fly up towards to hit them with the brass, though Miaka stopped him, "Go with  Lady Leukosia, she'll show you where to put the staff, and I'll finish them off."

With that, wings sprouted out from Miaka's back as she pulled out her spear from her shief on her back. She flew up and fought against the Harpies as the two ran off. Leukosia led Jack and from nearby they could hear the shouts and screams of the war behind the trees. It made Jack think of Juri once again. His worry for her increased, though he then remembered Miaka's words, calming him a bit. 

When they reached an area with more light, Leukosia stopped Jack, hushing him. She pulled him behind a tree, hiding the both of them.

"What are-?" He whispered, furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Shh!" Leukosia whispered back, then said quietly, "Look."

Jack turned his head silently to the spot she motioned to. Afar was the palace, and spotted Athura with Okypete, Amelia, and 10 other Mermaids and 10 more Harpies guarding them. One was holding an unconscious Cupid up as Athura tried to pick the lock on the palace doors. 

"Oh Athura will you hurry up! My head is starting to hurt!" Okypete complained, "Plus, why are you trying to get inside anyway?"

"Cause'" Athura began, "I want take everything those women care about, material AND people before we burn this island down."

She exhaled slowly to calm herself from her impatience, "At least we have him, to take. " Athura says, gesturing over at Cupid, "That'll crush Parthenope, we just need to kill off those Guardians too, then take that Jack Frost with us. That will also destroy Juriko."