Chapter-10 *Side of Bad Boy* ✔

*Jessica's P

*Jessica's P.O.V *

"Hello, everyone. I'm Mr. Adams and I'm the instructor for the course Creative Activities. This subject will focus on the tactical, strategic and organizational uses of artistic aesthetic taken up by the activist for the purpose of social change. The course will rely on both a survey of the existing theory and scholarship on artistic activism, as well as close analysis of contemporary practice of local, national and global scale. Special attention will be paid to issue of creativity and efficiency."

He looked around and then sat in his chair. "If you've any problems, you can talk to me directly. And if you want to do well in this subject, then I personally suggest to try and leave your shells."

I had already left my shell for this course.

I listened carefully and took notes. When class ended, Mr. Adams called me and asked me to contact him in case I had problems. I could tell he was quite aware of the fact that it would be very difficult and challenging for me to adjust in this foreign environment. Maybe that's why they were trying to be sweet and friendly. Well, I didn’t mind that. Besides, it would help me learn things better and quicker.

I grabbed my stuff and asked Jelline about my next class.

"Well, you have Media Research next. Sorry, babe, I don't opt in that subject. I can't do the project kind of things at all. You can go with Noah, though. He has that subject."

I looked towards the direction of the boy. He was already looking at me, waiting for my reaction. I didn't have any choice, so I nodded hesitantly. Noah wasn't unaware with my hesitation, and it was the reason that he just walked outside of the class and stood there waiting for me.

I was about to join him when I was suddenly stopped by Jelline, who grabbed my wrist. I whipped my head around.

"Hey, listen. I don't know what happened between you and Noah, but I just wanted to tell you that Noah is really a nice guy. Don't treat him like that. At least he's not a jerk like others, so try to sort it out, whatever it is," she said, squeezing my hand.

Why was she defending him? A light bulb lit up in my head.

"There is nothing wrong between us. You have some misunderstanding," I said, trying to shrug it off.

She gave me a questioning look.

I sighed, "Okay, fine. I will talk to him."

We walked out of class together.

"Why don't you come and sit with us when it's time to eat?" she asked, stopping outside the class.

"Yeah, I'd love to!"

Better than to be alone!

"Okay, great. I'll save you a seat then."

I nodded. She smiled, gave me a hug, and walked away. I looked at Noah; his jaw was clenched and I could sense the uncertainty in his eyes, like he was having some internal debate. I knew I was going to regret this later, but I couldn't help myself . . .