Chapter 24

Amanda's POV

I can't believe what I just heard. How could I have been so blind? I should've known Peter never really cared for me. He played me like a fool, no wait, a playing piece. Alexander was right. God, I should've listened to him. And I hate to admit it, but Adam was right too. Peter really was a monster. And you know what's the worst part? I told Peter that I loved him. I had true feelings for him. Unlike him, I meant everything I said.

Tears continued rolling down my face nonstop as I was running through the woods. I had no idea where I was heading, but I kept running. I just wanted to go somewhere far, far away from Peter. After about 15 minutes running, I stop to catch my breath. Oh I felt so weak. I'm not sure if it was from the running, from the magic being consumed from my body, or the fact that I was broken.

But nevertheless, I needed to find a way to take the damn necklace off. I have to find away to save myself from dying. As much as I'm hurting, I don't want to die just yet. I wonder how much time I have left...before it's too late. The shadow said I only have a matter of time. That could mean anything when it comes to Neverland, a place where time stands still.

I began examining the gem that the necklace held wrapped around my neck. The gem that I once thought was so beautiful and harmless, was now going to be the cause of my death. I wonder if my powers work still....

I take a look at both of my hands. Closing my eyes, I try to concentrate as hard as I can. Concentrate on fire. An image of fire is created in my mind. Opening my eyes, I saw that my hands have formed fire. I softly laughed in satisfaction. Looks like my powers haven't weakened just yet.

"I never knew you could do that." A voice I knew all too well interrupts my thoughts, putting out the fire from my hands.

"You don't know a lot of things." I responded not facing him. I just can't look at him. I can't look at anyone.

"Amanda, I know you aren't exactly feeling cheery....especially with that whole situation back there. And you most likely don't want me here."

"You got that right." I sighed.

"Look, just know that I'm always going to be there for you. I do care about you. I do have these feelings for you. You might not feel the same way, and probably will never feel the same way, but you felt it once."

"What's your point?"

"Be with me. I know there's a part of you that feels for me." His voice becomes more clear as I sense him coming closer.

"How would you know?" I asked still facing in the opposite direction.

"Because you didn't stop me when I kissed you."

"You never ki--"

I was cut off by his lips crashing onto mine. It took me by surprise. A part of me told me to push him away, but the other told me to keep going. Told me that I do feel something. Our lips connected like a puzzle. Then the soft kiss became more intense. I could feel his tongue asking for entrance, and I let it. I could feel his hands touch the skin of my waist. My hands wrap around his neck, as he begins to leave marks down my neck. Our lips connected again, but then were interrupted by another voice.

"ADAM?!" Peter shouted as he looked at Adam and I in each other's arms.

A/N: lol who thought it was Peter the whole time?? Thank you for 2.4k reads!! That's amazing!!! Sorry for the short chapter. To make up for it, I might update the next chapter earlier than expected.