Chapter 16

"Please, can't I see him one last time?" I pleaded, enlarging my eyes and puffing out my lower lip. The two guards assigned to the prison during the lunch break traded glances. One shook his head.

"Sorry, he's a war criminal. We can't have that."

"But I love him," I whined, trying to look as innocent and adorable as a Korean idol. I summoned every ounce of aegyo that I owned. This time, stereotypes would work in my favor, they just had to. I pouted and looked down sadly. "I want to say that I'm sorry for confessing."

"Look, these are safety precautions," the guard explained. "He could hurt you."

"He would never hurt me!" I insisted, using my best puppy face. "Even if he does, won't you be guarding me?"

Pause.

"Please," I begged, my eyes growing teary. I had to suppress a smile. My acting skills were even convincing myself. "I never got to say goodbye..."

"Alright, fine!" The second guard cracked first. I beamed brightly and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I squealed, wrapping my arms around him. As I did, my hand found the handle of his taser on his belt, and I gently slid it out and up my long sleeve. This would be interesting, to say the least.

The guards led me to a barred room with a single table inside with chairs. The one I had hugged stayed in the room with me while the other went to get Jungkook.

When I saw the guard coming back with Jungkook, as they were a good distance away and just in sight, I tried to do something that I had never done. I attempted to telepathically communicate with Jungkook.

I didn't know if it would work or not. I knew that you had to be emotionally connected to do it, but I didn't know if species mattered. I had only seen J-Hope, Jimin, and Jin do it, and I knew that demons could do it. But I didn't know if I had inherited that certain ability from the angels.

But hey, if it didn't work, I could always bust out my brand new taser and start attacking guards and hope that Jungkook caught on.

I concentrated on Jungkook's presence. Pulling up his memory from my mind, I focused on his existence and imagined projecting my thoughts to him.

Jungkook, I thought, staring at him intently as he rounded a corner, can you hear me?

Static.

As he came closer, I frantically tried again.

Jungkook! I shouted internally. It's me! Let me in!

The guard that was leading Jungkook said something to him, and Jungkook peeled his glare from the floor and glanced up. We locked eyes, and a new surge of energy overcame me. I loved this boy, and he loved me. There was no way that we couldn't do this.

I tried again.

Jungkook, can you hear me now? I asked, injecting as much power as I could into my mental voice. I love you.

I love you too.

I almost jumped as Jungkook's voice entered my mentality. I watched him carefully as he walked. He remained pokerfaced. Only about ten seconds from the door. I had to hurry.

I have a taser, and you have supernatural abilities, I began. Once you get into this room, let's go.

Where the mother did you get a freaking taser? he asked, still not showing any sign of communication or the incredulous expression in his voice.

Don't ask, just do.

...Fine.

I smiled softly to myself. The guard next to me noticed.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked. I shrugged lightly.

"I'm just really happy to see him again," I replied, letting my smile grow.

The door opened, and immediately, I whipped out my taser, turned it on, and rammed it into the guard next to me. Jungkook turned and slammed the other with his handcuffed wrists.

"Where did you-?" The guard I had electrocuted asked, bewildered and coughing.

"Yours." I pressed it hard against his chest, closing my eyes momentarily so I wouldn't see him being electrocuted. He shouted in pain, and I climbed on top of him so that I was kneeling on his chest and punched him in the face, slamming my fist into his face with every ounce of strength I had in my body.

Jungkook had melted his handcuffs with some sort of magic black smoke and was poisoning his guard with noxious black fumes while adding in some well-placed hits. I held my forearm over the guard I was attacking's neck and watched his face slowly turn red and then purple. He tried fighting back, but the oxygen depletion slowed his movements, which allowed me to stay on top and continue choking him. When he started to lose consciousness, I let go, not wanting to kill him.

Soon enough, both guards were unconscious, and I climbed off the guard I had tasered. It wouldn't be long before an angelic SWAT team came. The cameras in the corner of the room told me that much.

"Let's go," I said, smiling and taking Jungkook's cold hand. A wave of love crashed over me, and my eyes teared up again, this time for real. I was both horrified at what I had just done and awestruck at the fact that I did it for Jungkook.

"Hey, before we run," I said, "can I just say that I love you?"

"You could've told me that telepathically," Jungkook replied smugly. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up."

I love you too, projected Jungkook. I smiled and quickly pecked him on the lips before tightening my grip on his hand and breaking into a run.

"Do you have a plan about where we're supposed to go?" asked Jungkook as we ran out of the prison and onto the streets. "We're obviously not staying here, and Hell is overrun."

"We're getting out of here and going back to Earth," I answered, not knowing exactly where it came from. "Back to Seoul."

Seoul? I wanted to return? I had just opened my mouth and let the words fall out, but I wasn't expecting Seoul. It made sense, though, but at the same time, it didn't. Go back to everything I used to know? It was too late to change my mind, though. We could discuss if we wanted to move after escaping.

Thankfully for us, we were close to the exit of Heaven, which was basically a heavily guarded hole in the cloudy ground. It was a "portal" to the realms below, a portal being an opening to jump through and plummet to Earth.

Normally, we would've had to gone through customs or whatever to leave the kingdom, but Jungkook knew what to do. He squeezed my hand before shadow--traveling us to the middle of the portal. I was plunged into about three milliseconds of freezing darkness before ending up suspended midair, gravity not yet processing that we were in fact there, guards shouting all around us.

"Let's go," murmured Jungkook as we suddenly dropped like stones.