Chapter 9 - Bumpkin

Here's a shoutout to _Tanu24_ for making this beautiful, beautiful cover with our princess' castle! A million thanks, girl! 😘😘😘

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 9 - BUMPKIN ~~~

        "I'm Kara and you are?"

        I was taking my snacks in the cafeteria at the same time busy observing the other students when I heard someone introduced herself. When I looked up, I saw a girl about my age extending her right hand to me for a handshake.

        "I'm Althea," I replied clasping her hand.

        She sat down on the chair at the other side of the table.

        "I can't believe it's the first day of classes." I heard her mumbling. Then, she talked to me again, "I saw you in my English 101 class and I believe you still have no friends around 'cause I don't see you with anybody here. Can I be your friend?"

        I was relieved to hear those words from her. Actually, I had the dilemma of blending in with all the other students in the university for I found every one of them too different. Their sense of fashion was different from me. They were more stylish and more sophisticated. Even with how they talked was different. I was afraid that if I would talk to any of them, they would get the impression of my being a country bumpkin and they might ignore me. Everything was just not-so-common to me that I really had the hard time of blending in.

        "Y-yeah, sure," I spoke timidly.

        "Okay, great!" she exclaimed.

        Kara Mondego appeared to be a cheerful girl. She got the sweetest and the most genuine smile that I had ever seen in the university. Though her heavy make-up, sexy top, mini skirt and stilettos didn't match with my simple make-up (just blush on my cheeks and a touch of gloss on my lips), white button-down, skinny jeans, and doll shoes, I still believed that we clicked the first time we talked. So, I spent the rest of the day with her and I was glad I found a new friend.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

        Who's that guy?" Kara inquired excitedly when she saw Nigel waiting for me at the parking lot. I just pointed at her the man who was to pick me up.

        Nigel looked very attractive wearing a pair of shades, a long-sleeved gray button down and black slacks. With his right trunk leaning on his car, he was at the same time scrolling something on his phone. He probably had seen me already approaching or he probably still hadn't... I coudn't tell but he appeared to be very busy with his cell phone. Texting somebody, perhaps?

        "He's my fiancé," I replied proudly.

        "Fiancé? Seriously?" she gasped in disbelief.