Thirty Nine

"I change my mind about dinner." Jack says. "We can go another day this week. I just want to cuddle with you."

A frown comes upon my face as I walk up the familiar stairs of the mansion-like house. I don't have my phone or anything. Jack holds my hand the entire way up to his room and I almost cringe when I walk inside.

That bed. The bed we had sex on, but also the bed him and Auburn had slept on less than a week ago. I bite my top lip, letting go of his hand, causing him to turn around with a confused look etched on his face. It's evident that I'm uncomfortable.

"What?" He asks me, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I don't want to go in that bed." I shrug like a child, crossing my arms.

I'm not trying to be irrational or a nuisance. It's just that I know this is going to end up in sex and I'm stopping it right now from happening.

"Why? I didn't fuck her in my bed. We did it on the couc-" he stops talking immediately.

They pretty much did it on everything here, huh? Didn't he previously tell me that they didn't have sex? At all? I dismiss the disturbing thought immediately. He sighs, his arms at his side.

"I'm sorry." He runs his hand down his face.

I raise my eyebrows for a moment at his words. Sorry for what? We aren't even gonna do anything. He might as well take me home. I thought things were going good, now it's just awkward.

"Do you want to cuddle at your house?" He raises an eyebrow, asking me the dumb question.

I shrug my shoulders, "sure."

I uncross my arms as he nods his head. His keys are still in his hand and he uses his other one to grab my hand. We both walk down the stairs once again. So much for having a workout going up.

We go back outside to his car and I walk over to the passenger side. I become more confused as to why he won't let go of my hand so I can get it. He leans down to quickly kiss my forehead.

He flashes me a small smile before letting go of my hand and opening the door for me. The gentleman is still not lost in him. Jack gets into the drivers seat and we head off back to my house.

It's nice that he's not the type of person to get annoyed with driving people everywhere and ask them for gas money. Who am I kidding? He can own his own gas station. We shortly arrive at my place and I get out of the car. He mirrors my actions.

We go inside and I think everyone is still asleep because I don't hear anything. It's almost 9:30 and they're still asleep. My parents usually wake up super early, but they're gaining their energy back slowly.

I go up to my room, Jack tagging behind me. We get inside and I shut the door after him. I take off my denim jacket and set it on my chair, looking at Jack, who's already tucking himself under the covers. I can't help but smile.

"Lay with me." He lays the empty and small spot next to him.

He's practically taking up the whole full sized bed. I crawl in next to him and he drapes his arm around my waist, pulling me so I'm flushed against him. He kisses my hair over and over, mumbling some words.

"I've missed this so much." He squeezes me.

"Me too." I reply.

It's true, I have. Even though I'm still transitioning back to being with him, I've been missing this one thing. Him holding me.

"Where's your dream vacation spot?" He blurts out of the blue, twirling a piece of my hair in his fingers.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just want to know." He says, pecking my lips.

"I'm not telling you."

"Why not?"

"You're gonna be like 'bought two tickets for us and don't worry about packing clothes, I'll buy you some'." I try mimicking his voice.

"One, that's a horrible impersonation of me and two, what's wrong with that? I know I've been making you unhappy lately and I want to make it up to you." Jack pouts, his bottom lip poking out a little.

"You don't have to make it up to me. I'm over it." I lie.

It's pretty much been passing my mind every twenty minutes. I still can't believe he went back to her. I'm not gonna lie, she's so pretty. It doesn't make me feel as confident because ehe can drop me so easily and go to someone like her.

"Earth to Camila. Stop over thinking things." He whispers.

"I'm not." I snap.

"Whoa, I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." I sigh. "I didn't mean to snap."

Jack's finger tips graze my skin, slowly lifting up my tank top. I hope he doesn't try to do anything sexual. I relax once he just stops, his rough palm laying flat against my stomach.

"It's been only a week and I've missed you so much." Jack says.

"I know, you've told me." I smile.

"I miss hugging you, holding you, kissing you, making you moan." He whispers the last part and I dramatically let out a fake gasp. "Of course I missed waking up next to your beautiful face." He adds and I scrunch up my nose at his cheesy and corny words.

"And I missed you." I tell him.

Jack smiles and I know he likes hearing those words. It's not just the girls in the relationship who like hearing those things. The guys like it too. I slither my hand up to cup his cheek.

He puckers his lips and I let out a little laughing before kissing him deeply. He hums into the kiss smiling afterwards. I pull away and his eyes are still closed. I don't think he has a single flaw.

"Stop staring at me." He smirks, eyes still closed.

"How do you know I'm staring at you. Your eyes aren't even open." I use my finger to open his eye, pushing his eyelid up.

"Don't poke my eye and make me go blind. If I go blind, I'll never get to see your pretty face." He jokes.

"Stop." I whine. "You're too corny."

"I can't help it."

He pulls away for a moment, sitting up and I grow confused. He pulls his shirt off from the neck and then tosses it on the ground. He runs his hand through his hair, fixing it, but it didn't even deform.

"It feels weird when I wear a shirt in bed." He tells me.

"Hmm, sure." I raise my eyebrows and he doesn't stop smiling.

Jack buries his head into my neck, his nose tickling me. I put my leg over his waist and I feel his eyelashes on my neck. He closes his eyes and maybe there's not gonna be any sex at all, for once, and he's just gonna sleep.

{vote, comment, share