CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

I stared at my house through the window and frowned. "I really don't want to go in there."

It was around five in the morning and we were barely coming back from Nathan's place. We had only slept a few hours and I was exhausted but I was also happy.

I felt like I could fly and touch the sky. Yes, I was singing that in my head.

I didn't know what was going to happen between Nathan and I-I didn't know what we were doing. All I knew was that I had never in my life been this happy. I couldn't seem to stop smiling. I was already wondering when I could be with him again.

Nathan shook his head from the driver's seat. "Me either."

His hair was still wet from our shower together, it looked darker and was combed back.

He walked out of the truck and went around to open the door for me. He was wearing jeans with a sweater since his suits were here. The jeans weren't tight but you could make out his sexy thighs by looking at him.

He was a dream come true.

"I could kiss you," He said as he opened the door.

I laughed. "That wouldn't be a good idea but I would probably let you."

I looked at all the bodyguards around us, nervously. Bodyguards were supposed to be discreet. It was starting to get harder and harder for me to hide whatever was happening between Nathan and I.

My body just responded to him.

Across the street, I could see a few cars that I was sure were paparazzi. I hadn't seen them for a while, I thought they had decided to leave us alone. I knew it was their job or whatever but that didn't make them any less annoying. They had been trying to get statements from my family about the incident in Miami. My father had already made a statement and helped the families of the victims. I knew money wouldn't replace their loved ones but I was glad my father was doing something for them.

"I should go inside," I said with a frown.

Nathan nodded and didn't say anything.

I made my way into the house, grateful that no one saw me. Only the maids were up at this hour but they were nowhere in sight. I made my way to my room and slept for a few more hours.

Today was Christmas Eve and it was chaotic all day.

My mom had me help her and Lisa and-you guessed right-George wrap a few presents. I think she just wanted an excuse to keep me in a room with George. I did my best to look disinterested. It was starting to be really annoying.

Even if I did like George, did they seriously think that we were going to talk or whatever in front of them?

By dinner time, I found myself in a bad mood.

I hated to admit it but I knew it was because I hadn't seen Nathan since this morning.

Was it crazy that I missed him terribly?

Dinner seemed to take forever and then my mom made all of us sit in the living room and have a stupid chat. I didn't even know what they were talking about. I was becoming more pissed at her by the second.

Rachel came and sat next to me on the couch. "Are you okay?" she whispered.

"No," I said. "I hate this."

"She's really going strong about this, huh?" Rachel said glancing at my mom.

"I don't know what makes her think she can just boss me around."

"So why are you letting her?"

It was a good question.

I was an adult.