19. Hell of a Life

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE ITS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! And also I may have left a little sneak peek! ;)

If you were trapped in a thick glass box, sitting and watching as life revolved around you while you were stuck. Others merely passed you a small glance or worked around you, trying to ignore the fact that you were in this glass box. Some of them even having their eyes dim when looking at you. Now if you were trapped in this glass box what would you do? Would you panic and scream, thrash out? Or would you sit and try to cope with the tornado that was inside your mind? Would you not try to listen to the muffled voices that had attempted to speak to you?

Communication was not likely, seeing as how anything that are words were instead jumbled thoughts with no possible way of spilling out to speak. How would you let the others around you that nothing was okay, that you were one more blow away from dropping dead yourself and gladly succumbing to the dark abyss?

How would you do it?

What would you do?

----

"Hey," Charlie once again repeated, his now darkening eyes once again grasping for my attention. He had the misfortune of not being the cold necklace wrapped around my neck and its charms that were now tightly pressing against my palm, biting into the blood stained skin.

A water bottle blocked my vision, it's cold contents shaking as he once again spoke," hey! Mel, come on you need to drink this. You're in shock. Speak to me sweetheart."

"She's shaking, oh god she's shaking so bad," Lydia feminine voice then came out. Her warm hands tightening around my bloodied ones, gently prying my hands away from its vice grip.

It wasn't my blood, it wasn't my blood...

It was Jackson... a deceased Jackson.

"He's gone. He's gone and I couldn't save him," I broke through, lips quivering when I spoke.

"Lydia," Charlie whispered coolly, "could you give us a moment. I want to speak to my niece in private."

I think Lydia agreed, no, I know she did by the way she lifted herself from my side and cold air began to revolve around me once again.

"Imelda," he says slowly, pushing back the hair on my face and coving my bloodied hands with his own. He knelt down in front of me, keeping my gaze on his clean shaven face instead of the blood that coated my front.

"I should have been able to keep them safe," I talk to him, swallowing the tears and sobs.

"You did your best. You saved that boy, Isaac form getting killed," he shook his head.

"I got Jackson killed," my monotone voice says goes on.

"Gerard did that," he says angrily. "Imelda, I know you're sad and want to dissolve into the ground or go back into that whole we are well known for but you can't. Not anymore."

"What's the point?" I plead, "he's been one step ahead of us for so long Charlie. The more I pull away, the more he drags us down."

"Fuck that," he growls, "this is not the same girl who broke Doms GameCube when he called your Barbie ugly. Imelda Drake does not give up, this family does not give up. You my niece are the most powerful creature know to man, wether it is human or supernatural. Now get up and take control, show those hunters that just because they've won this far doesn't mean the games over."

"Do you really think I can do this?" I question, my eyes staring widely at him.

He purses his lips, cupping my cheek, "I think that my niece is the strongest person on this planet and she can go out there and kick ass. I think that Gerard and his clan of hunters don't know who they fucked with. Everyone deserves to have a moment to process but I need you too get up and go kick their asses for ever doing this shit to you. And you have the advantage here sweetheart, they believe that this is putting you through hell, this fuckers don't know you've lived through it already."